Suggestions, please

I have 1200watts that need to be used in the loudest way possible and its at 1ohm. Which two twelves would be the best at .7cf airspace(sealed), 6.5" mounting depth and 600watts a piece? I am kinda worried about sound but more about loudness.

your kind of limited with those specs. you ever thought of a custom box?(i know you tried it once but ups messed that up) that would get you alot mpore options.look into re audio they have some good stuff for a decent price.

ya .7 for a 12 is hard, I think the infinity VQ is the only one that can sit in a box that small. if you just want something under the seats and dont want it looking stupid or bulky, you need 10's. dont touch kicker, you need to port them to sound good. Uh...Infinity, MTX higher end stuff is nice, www.reaudio.com would be your best bet, but Im unsure of their depths. also check out www.adireaudio.com for their brahma 10"

Diamond Audio D6

Alpine Type R's

Boston Pro Series

Focal Poly Line

Best bet for that Air Space!!!!

Eclipse Aluminum Series Subs (hardest hitting 12's for sealed application i have ever heard) used them for 5 years in audio till my shop stopped getting them.... 1000 watts power handling, huge travel, 6.5 inch mount depth, 30lbs or heavier each!

Large SPL #'s at a low frequency (20-125Hz) = large cone area + large PORTED enclosures appropriately tuned and lots of power. 12's in .7 ? I would advise against it for max SPL. Did you calculate for basket and motor displacement in that figure? Most mass produced sub specs already account for that for tuning though, so you should be fine with the aforementioned list. Remember stuffing the SEALED enclosure with polyfill will make the woofer "see" an ~ 10% larger enclosure. :driving:

Seriously though, I have put a single 12 in as much as 5 cubic feet with 250 square inches of port. The slope around 100Hz was extreme (tuning at 55Hz) however it pushed 154dB with only 1500WRMS (in a dB Drag car), 147dB in a 97 Caviler. MATTS Jugg and modified amp.

I would go with 2 high quality 10" (in a ported box) and put as much CLEAN power to it as possible. :thumbs:

Ever have your system under an RTA and pink noise? I'll bet your peak low frequency tone is over 100Hz. For the street, I have always liked the jaw chattering Hz of 50. db Drag,...we used 275Hz until the rules changed in 99. Now you can't go over 80Hz. :(

I am sticking with this box and I am using 12s. The box is prefab and is measured at .7 if the sub hits the the back completely.

I am just wondering which ones yall would go with in my application for the highest SPL. I think im gonna go with the stage 3 fosgates or the eclipse aluminums

I am sticking with this box and I am using 12s. The box is prefab and is measured at .7 if the sub hits the the back completely.

I am just wondering which ones yall would go with in my application for the highest SPL. I think im gonna go with the stage 3 fosgates or the eclipse aluminums

you do know the stage 3 needs .85 right?

Archived