How to lower the SS safely!

jec32

First off,this site is great! I have been following all of you for several months,even prior to shelling out the BIG BUCKS for my ride.We`ve got a good group of people sharing ideas and showing some nice rides.

First time I saw the SS,had to have one! Sure is nice,regardless of what some say this is one fine truck.Anyway, like many of you I felt the stance of these babies could be improved.What we did was look at the Tahoe 2-3 drop, but that drive-line would`nt allow it so we borrowed ideas from other Silverado`s mainly my 99 excab.Chevy used a 2pc. steel drive-line in other trucks why not this! I had a drive-line engineered and fabricated at a local shop for $500.I hope this does`nt void my warranty but I do know everything meets spec.What we ended up with was a 1 3/4 up front and a 3" in the rear,front end was realigned a she rides beautifully.I believe the stance is a major impovement in the looks and it defintly is in the handling.I like all of you wont stop there,I plan to have the rims chromed or polished (chrome means giving up my wheels for 4 wks. and $900 or polished and giving them up for 4 days and $500)havent yet decided.Havent yet mastered sending pictures but will be working on it! Will keep you all updated. Jeff

Archived