how to install amp and sub

I would find out the total load (dc amps) of the amp, and then select the select a wire size , insulation type and fuses. Then if you amp is under back seat. I would get black plastic loom (from a auto supply store) long enough to reach from the 12 volt dc source to the amp. Depending how you run it thru the fire wall or underneath. use a lot of balck nylon ties to secure it . When you drill any holes in the body for the wire I would drill a 7/8" hole and use a 1/2" electrical compresson cord connector(rubber insulated type)also use a good sealant on the on the treads and install the 1/2" lock nut and plastic bushing on the inside. This will seal the hole seal and protect the power wire. These parts are at any home depot or electrical supply store.

It might not be the cheapest way to do it but thats how i would. :cool:

let me know what you need for wire and rca cables and interfaces. I can get them to you just a cheep as anyone if not cheeper and I will ship for free. it might take a little longer BUt I can get you a good deal

hey fast4popper, how much can you get 4 gauge wire for?  All I need is 15-20ft but i cant find anyone around my area with it

just the wire?? .75 per foot.

if you need a whole kit, fuse holder and everything to put and amp in without the rcas I can do 30 bucks shipped. blue or red wire. rcas of quality start at about 10 bucks. you can go as high as 120$ if you want to spend the cash again these are shipped prices to you. let me know in a PM if you want anything?

Archived