Rock in the windshield

WisconsinSS

I was driving home from the lake the other night pulling the boat behind. I was going very slow since the road I was on was very rough. Then all of a sudden BAM I hear this loud smack on the glass. I stopped and looked around but did not see anyone. Got home and noticed a crack in the windshield right in the middle. There were no cars around so I figure it had to be some punk kids throwing rocks.

:banghead:

I had the same thing happen to me, but I dont think it was kids. I was driving to work and there were no cars and nobody around, my dads shop is right buy the airport and when I was driving all I heard was smack, a big rock landed right on my windshield. Like I said before, I am positive there was nobody around besides an airplane that flew over me probly 40ft above me from where he was going to land the exact time it happend, I'm thinking maybe a rock or some other object fell from the airplane. I still dont know what else could of did it.

A BB or pellet will leave a small hole on the surface... and a large irregular hole on the inside. A rock? Well... Sometimes a large bird will pick up rocks... or regurgitate them from their craw. 'Nuther thing would be an aircraft pickin' up stones on the runway... which would release when the gear was lowered (bein' the tires are cold). Orrrr... it was a bit of space dust from a disintigrating meteor. (I'm not kiddin')

Archived