more 'bling' for me

Wow Dylan I just ordered the Speed grill from them and Im waiting for it to come in. I will be selling my Trenz grill when the speed grill gets here.

Hopefully you have better luck than I did. My kit was bent, the metal tie-straps had alredy been used and cut, there was handwriting (not mine) on the instructions of someones phone number and some other stuff, all the bags were cut open, and alot of the retaining clips were missing. Plus the finish on the grill was really poor IMO... alot of burrs, uneven cuts, dull spots, etc.

Not saying your grill will be the same way, but I'd suggest you really inspect it before putting it in. Who knows... mine was probably just a return that accidentally got put in with the new stock... either way... I'm really happy with the Trenz kit.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks great! Sorry to hear of the women problems guys. Sucks to be you guys. Sure I have the coach purse, expensive sunglasses, pampered horse, etc...BUT it comes from my pocket. Wouldn't want it any other way :D My one friend's ex wife actually spent 1400 dollars on a haircut. WTF?!?!?!

Sucks to be you guys.  Sure I have the coach purse, expensive sunglasses, pampered horse, etc...BUT it comes from my pocket.  Wouldn't want it any other way 

That's what I'm talking about Aspen!!!!! I feel the same way, if the wife wants things like that, that costs as much as they do, SHE CAN BUY IT HERSELF because it will be out of style next week!!!!! She doesn't make me feel the need to buy her shit like that which I'm very thankfull for. She is so NOT materialistic!!!! :thumbs: Don't get me wrong, I spoil her because god knows she deserves it for putting up with me, but I don't go overboard. As a matter of fact, she just recently wanted a coach bag and guess what??? That's right, she bought it!

My video is available for rent at Blockbuster for all you CHUMPS that need it. :crackup:

Late- Alex

:rant on:

Holy Hell....I can't believe what this thread turned into!!! First off, Coach is not all that. It's a bag...whoop dee doo. I can think of MUCH better stuff to spend my money on than a BAG. And hell, if I want one I can brag about I'll buy it MYSELF and it won't be Coach it'll be Balenciaga. Every other woman on the street in Compton has a Coach bag or some Kenneth Cole sunglasses, and yes they're real. If you're gonna spend money on your wife and flaunt it, buy her something with some class. And DO NOT down all women, cause we aren't all like that. I don't own Coach, and I don't own Kenneth Cole...but that's not for lack of being able to pay for it...it's for lack of being materialistic. I don't need it..what for? I'm happy in my jeans and t-shirt and my $15 Pac Sun sunglasses. And my stuff fits in my $30 Banana Republic purse just as good as it would in a $300 Coach bag. And I would NEVER...EVER...EVER...ask my husband to buy me anything like that. He wanted to get me a $5000 engagement ring, I said no. Explain to me what the point is please...cause I don't think I'll ever understand it.

Gracias and Thank you for coming... :D

:rant off:

PS...this post is not intended to offend or antagonize anyone, it's only MY personal opinion.

Holy Hell....I can't believe what this thread turned into!!!  First off, Coach is not all that.  It's a bag...whoop dee doo.  I can think of MUCH better stuff to spend my money on than a BAG.  And hell, if I want one I can brag about I'll buy it MYSELF and it won't be Coach it'll be Balenciaga.  Every other woman on the street in Compton has a Coach bag or some Kenneth Cole sunglasses, and yes they're real.  If you're gonna spend money on your wife and flaunt it, buy her something with some class.  And DO NOT down all women, cause we aren't all like that.  I don't own Coach, and I don't own Kenneth Cole...but that's not for lack of being able to pay for it...it's for lack of being materialistic.  I don't need it..what for?  I'm happy in my jeans and t-shirt and my $15 Pac Sun sunglasses.  And my stuff fits in my $30 Banana Republic purse just as good as it would in a $300 Coach bag.  And I would NEVER...EVER...EVER...ask my husband to buy me anything like that.  He wanted to get me a $5000 engagement ring, I said no.  Explain to me what the point is please...cause I don't think I'll ever understand it.

Gracias and Thank you for coming... :D

:rant off:

PS...this post is not intended to offend or antagonize anyone, it's only MY personal opinion.

Oooooooooooo fight!!!! :banghead:

Late- Alex

Holy Hell....I can't believe what this thread turned into!!!  First off, Coach is not all that.  It's a bag...whoop dee doo.  I can think of MUCH better stuff to spend my money on than a BAG.  And hell, if I want one I can brag about I'll buy it MYSELF and it won't be Coach it'll be Balenciaga.  Every other woman on the street in Compton has a Coach bag or some Kenneth Cole sunglasses, and yes they're real.  If you're gonna spend money on your wife and flaunt it, buy her something with some class.

Whoa... whoa... whoa... I'm gonna assume that was directed at me b/c I was the one that brought up the Coach bags and KC sunglasses. Are you trying to imply something here about me and/or my wife? Because if so we have a serious issue that I'm not going to drag into this thread. Also, I really think someone who admittedly doesn't own any of the items should be suggesting what items are "something with class" or not.

And DO NOT down all women, cause we aren't all like that.  I don't own Coach, and I don't own Kenneth Cole...but that's not for lack of being able to pay for it...it's for lack of being materialistic.  I don't need it..what for?  I'm happy in my jeans and t-shirt and my $15 Pac Sun sunglasses.  And my stuff fits in my $30 Banana Republic purse just as good as it would in a $300 Coach bag.

For the record its not for the sake of being "materialistic" its for the sake of I CAN F*CKING AFFORD IT. Don't pass judgement on people who choose to buy designer things... if you don't... great... more money in your pocket. I personally don't like generic clothes and neither does my wife... does that make us bad people?

And I would NEVER...EVER...EVER...ask my husband to buy me anything like that.  He wanted to get me a $5000 engagement ring, I said no.  Explain to me what the point is please...cause I don't think I'll ever understand it.

Your new husband is a lucky man... a good majority of the women (most of them concentrated in the southern California area) are 'princesses'. I've dated alot of them, and trust me Jess... you're the exception to the rule... I thought you'd understand better than most living in L.A.

Could've fooled me. It seems like a commentary VERY obviously directed at me. If you have some issue with how my wife and I choose to spend our money please let me know so I can let you know how little I care about your opinion in that area. If this isn't the case and you weren't directing this at me then I apologize, but like I said... this whole rant seems a little too strategic to me. :wtf:

Oh and Alex:

OOOOOOOOOO FIGHT! :jester:

Well... I had originally ordered a speed grill, but street scenes shipped me a used, damaged, returned peice (BTW: last time I order a Street Scenes product) So I returned it and ordered a Trenz kit... I'm really happy with the looks, fit, finish, etc.

I also installed Silverstar headlights, but didn't get a pic with those yet. I'll get some better pics up soon:

DSC01134.jpg

DSC01143.jpg

I put the trenz 5 piece in last year and i liked how all the grills are even with the body. Like you said its a good quality made grill. Make shure you put all the mounting hardware in the upper grill is a little heavy. I also added more support for the lower air intakes. looks great Dylan

:lol: Strategic Dylan??? C'mon now...I could have done better than that. And if I was directing anything I said TO YOU, I would have said your name. I used your references to Coach and Kenneth Cole stuff as examples of how materialistic people have become, and what's important to some people. I'm not scared of saying my opinion, and if I'm basing it JUST on you, I would have said "Dear Dylan" at the beginning. And as far as what I think has class or not...thats again MY opinion. Coach used to be something cool, now everyone has it and trust me I mean EVERYone. Maybe LA is different than Rancho...I dunno, I just know what I see around here. Women are way too materialistic...that's my point. I know I came off strong in my post, but damn..that's my right. If I feel strongly about something then I'm gonna express it, and I have very strong opinions of women in LA and how they act, and where their priorities are. And if I had a problem with you or anything in your life Dylan...if it reaaaaaaally mattered that much to me....I'm grown enough to not drag it in HERE. My post WAS NOT directed at you, but yours sure was directed at ME. If you thought I was talking about you, couldn't you have just asked me before going off? I would have given you a simple yes or no.

So calm down alright Dylan?

BTW...why do I have to own something to be able to judge whether or not it has class??

bahh buy whatever you like if you want, that a boy dylan you dont need to settle for the cheap stuff if you dont want!!!

way to rip into stuff that people like jessica. We were complaining about how much it cost for a purse and you go an tear what we got our wives because you dont like the brand, NICE!! :thumbs:

unbelievable!

:lol: Strategic Dylan??? C'mon now...I could have done better than that.  And if I was directing anything I said TO YOU, I would have said your name.  I used your references to Coach and Kenneth Cole stuff as examples of how materialistic people have become, and what's important to some people.  I'm not scared of saying my opinion, and if I'm basing it JUST on you, I would have said "Dear Dylan" at the beginning.  And as far as what I think has class or not...thats again MY opinion.  Coach used to be something cool, now everyone has it and trust me I mean EVERYone.  Maybe LA is different than Rancho...I dunno, I just know what I see around here.  Women are way too materialistic...that's my point. I know I came off strong in my post, but damn..that's my right.  If I feel strongly about something then I'm gonna express it, and I have very strong opinions of women in LA and how they act, and where their priorities are.  And if I had a problem with you or anything in your life Dylan...if it reaaaaaaally mattered that much to me....I'm grown enough to not drag it in HERE.  My post WAS NOT directed at you, but yours sure was directed at ME.  If you thought I was talking about you, couldn't you have just asked me before going off?  I would have given you a simple yes or no. 

So calm down alright Dylan?

BTW...why do I have to own something to be able to judge whether or not it has class??

If it truely wasn't directed at me I apologize, but it sure didn't look that way.

I can understand that you have strong opinions about women in LA and materialistic people, but to generalize it in such a manner then include 2 brands that I had named just a short time before lumps me into the group. Whether it was directed at me or not... you DID call out people who purchase these items and even had the nerve to say Coach was an item lacking in class. How am I not supposed to be offended by that when just a few posts before I mentioned my wife buying that brand? Sounds, to me at least, you think my wife has no class. Thats no differnet than me saying "Having a wedding in Vegas is low class" and then telling you "it wasn't directed at you" I'd be willing to bet you'd take that personally.

If you were really "grown enough" to not drag this argument in here I think you wouldn't have made your first post in a thread I started ABOUT MY NEW GRILL... this thread isn't Wicked's social commmentary on the vapid, shallow, materialistic people of the world and the low class bags they buy The posts before that were good natured fun about how our wives and girlfriends spend alot of $$$ on stuff like purses. I'm sure if it were a purse website our wives/girlfriends would be posting about how much we spend on our trucks... you took it into an area no one was even concened with.

So, before you tell me to calm down I suggest you read carefully thru the post you made and see it for what it is. Even if it wasn't directed at me specifically there is enough connection there to make it offensive to me.

As for the "everyone in compton has a coach bag" comment. WRONG! Unless they recently opened a Coach bag store near compton w/ wholesale pricing or they're giving them away I doubt they're real Coach bags. At $400-800 each I REALLY DOUBT IT. Theres alot of knock-offs out there... I'm sure you see as many Dior bags out there too, but it doesn't mean they're real. Kate Spade? Louis Vitton? LA is the capital of 'faux' designer bags. You can get the fakes on any street corner or swap meet.

I'll stop showing how much I know about purses before the guys start giving me sh!t :uhoh:

Archived