how to change bow tie

ss-lookalike

The bowtie is held on by a couple 'speed nuts' and is quickly/easily removed. Open the hood, and use a couple flat-bladed screwdrivers to pop loose the front couple plastic snaps holding the radiator cover to the grill; you should be able to snake your hand behind the grill with a ratchet/socket and be able to remove and replace the badge. If you need more room go ahead and remove the radiator cover completely, you will have *plenty* of access.

Mr. P. :)

And some pics to assist you.

1. Removal of the Radiator Cover

Chevy%20067.jpg

2. Take away the complete Grille-thingie

Chevy%20068.jpg

3. Here you'll see the back of the Grille

Chevy%20074.jpg

Success

Pascal

• 5 months later...

3-minute job: remove the row of black pop-fasteners along the front edge of the radiator cover, then with your hand pull firmly on each end of the grill (the end piece laying between the upper and lower headlight housings) until it pops loose; careful not to scratch anything with the free end.

The grill is just held in by a compression clip on either end of the center bar. And of course the little plastic things on the radiator cover (first thing you take off). Be careful where you set the grill .... it scratches easily

thanks Steve, This post had good pics so I thought it might be a better place to ask. And I am using your tstat how-to when I put in my 160 one that I got w/ the supercooler...I love mods :D I just hope I can get them in before lose my good weather, its 49 here today-and thats a high number :happysad:

I'll take/post pictures of the whole deal...

thanks Steve, This post had good pics so I thought it might be a better place to ask.  And I am using your tstat how-to when I put in my 160 one that I got w/ the supercooler...I love mods :D I just hope I can get them in before  lose my good weather, its 49 here today-and thats a high number :happysad:

I'll take/post pictures of the whole deal...

Yeah do that, pics are good! 49 - oh yeah, you live up by Santa Clause... :D It's an idyllic clear, calm, mid-60's here; too bad I have to spend it raking leaves :lol:

I did mine without removing the grill.

I just took the cover off the top by removing those plastic pop plugs and snaked my hands in there and did it. And I dont have small hands or arms. My biceps are 19 inches so you dont have to be a twig to get in there.

A couple scrathes on the arm but better than scrates on the truck :D

George

Archived