New SS and Bike :)

slickpitt

First of all, I love the name "Slickpitt"!! Secondly your pics are fantastic. I'm definetely going to do that with my two babies. I just (as in not 24hrs ago) picked up my black SS. I also have '00 Yamaha blue R6. I do love the new R6s, That black with flames is bad ass. The grey and black looks sweet too.

Anyway, nice choices. :jester:

Congrats on the truck! :thumbs: I have a 1997 ZX7rr ninja, lots of work done on that bike over the years, she screams…Kaaaaawwwwwaaaaaaasssssssaaaaaaaakkkkkkkkkiiiiiiiiiiiii!!!!!!!

BTW I checked out the Speedway Chevrolet site that Slickpitt bought his SS from and they have a great deal it looks like on a new black SS…if any one is interested…

Speedway Chevy SS

Don't know how they get the $43,120.00 sticker price though? :wtf:

Redpop - Love both my SS and my bike. :thumbs: hard choice sometimes which I wanna take. Ride the bike a lot to help keep miles low on my SS :)

Blackhawk - Kawasucky??? hehe just kidding Ninja's are very nice bikes :thumbs: I looked at that web site and immediately got confused. I was just there today and they didn't have a Black SS and didn't have one when I bought mine. Then I realized that's a different Speedway Chevrolet. The one I bought mine form is in Broken Arrow, OK. 32k is a helluva price though, paid just over 35k for mine with my GMS discount.

Thanks for the comments folks :thumbs:

Blackhawk - Kawasucky??? hehe just kidding Ninja's are very nice bikes

slickpitt :cheers:

Your Yammy may be quite a bit lighter, :pop: but assure you my 7 will keep up in the twisties. :thumbs: Over the past 6 years I have done allot of work to my 750. I take it to the track every now and then to stretch its legs abit and to keep myself off the evening news from out running the pigs. I had her completely polished and chromed (frame, bar ends, wheels, Levers, Caps added After Market grips, Lime fluorescent windscreen, Aftermarket Muzzy titanium race exhaust. Dynojet jet kit (gave better throttle response) K & N air filter, Carbon Fiber Air Ducts. Increased the rear ride height by about 15mm, lowered the forks in the triple clamps by 7mm, added 7 weight fork oil, reset all the suspension settings slightly harder and fitted Dunlop D207 tires. I have tried all the Dunlop sports tires and found the D207 RR to be the best for road and track use.

And this is where all the money went into this screamer. :cool: Had the bottom & top end tune bore & stroked to 793 cc (Measured on the dyno at 140HP “AT THE REAR TIRE”) Kawasaki racing pistons (had to have the cylinder head reworked to fit the new pistons.) Full race igniter box, which allows revs to 14,000 RPM’s. 39mm flat slide keihnin carburetors. Kawasaki balanced crankshaft and cams, an electronic quick shifter, 15 tooth front sprocket and 45-tooth rear sprocket (this really increased the acceleration and easier wheelie’s ) and all of this comes to a stop with great Brembo brakes. Well that’s it man, that’s my $15,000 rice burner, wanna race? :D

Hey Blackhawk.

My 03 R6 is putting out 120 rwp after a little head "modification" a power commander, all the bolt on goodies, and race gas. It was stripped down after only 22 miles to become a race bike. (That was a bit disheartening to take a brand new bike apart.) You Kawasaki guys are tryed and true, I think you bleed green. You must be excited about the new 10 Kawi should release next year. They always seem to do it right even if it only took them 10 years to change the 7.

I'll try to post a couple pictures of all three of my race bikes in front of my SS. And if the R6 doesn't impress, my 170 hp R1 might. Maybe thats why my SS seems slow. Supercharger on the way.

I've had a little time to play on the computer lately, 3 weeks. Got a free airlift from the racetrack after a 100 mph over the bars incident. Oh well thats racing. I'll work on the picture post , and you do the same.

Nice to meet guys with the same interests.

Wizard.

You gotta love the bantering that goes on between Yamaha, Honda, Kawasaki, and Suzuki riders (notice I listed Yamaha first) :cool: . The cool thing about this "back and forth" is that at the end of the day we all drive the same bad ass truck!!

It really is great to come across a forum that brings so many people with the same interests together. :jester:

SlickPitt- I'd love to see a couple pics of that R1. Sounds wicked!!

I'll try to get a couple pics of my own up once I get my Line-X installed and my tonneau on.

Has anyone seen an SS with over the hood racing stripes? I was thinking this might look cool.

RedpopSS

Thanks to everyone for the congrats and welcome. :cheers:

Archived