Electric Fans

ctrow

Just curious if anyone is using the Flex-a-Lite electric fans yet? They look pretty cool.

http://www.flex-a-lite.com/auto/270_280.htm

I was thinking of installing them just because I like the sound of them, plus less drag on the motor(more MPG and HP).

Nothing like that little buzz at a stop light or crusin' around. JMHO

I have a set of LT1 fans. I used them on my last truck. I felt better throttle response with them. One other benefit, the stock clutch fan is very loud and makes that whhhiiiirrrrinnnggg noise, so that goes away. I'm thinking of buying the flex-a-lite 280 or 282, whichever it is for my truck. But I may throw on the LT1 fans for a while since I already have them.

I had them on my 2000 before this truck and for some reason it made a bigger difference on that truck than this one, on my old truck, throttle response was better, and it felt a little stronger off the line, but i couldnt notice anything on this truck. But since i already had them i put them on. Id still reccomend them for better cooling and less drag on the motor.

Also these trucks do not use the 282, they use a different one because this truck has a different radiator, its not the same one that the 1500s have you need the kit for the wider radiator

I'm still convinced the throttle by wire is the cause for poor throttle response.

One day I might change it out and put on a ported throttle body.

Then again, might be better to just to put on a stock one(ie 2002 style) to see the difference.

There's a link to flex-a-lite on the first post.

Not for sure who has the best fans though. I think the flex-a-lite is good.

Probably have to call them to see what is the best one for the SS. I don't know the measurements of the radiator. Not at home this week to check or I would check.

Archived