A complete SS rearend 4 sale rotor to rotor

EliteAutoToyz

• 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Is this the new HD rear end of the normal rear end?  If it's the HD, I'll take it.

It is a standard 03 ss rear end.

You will not find a 14 bolt anywhere that cheap.

My 05 SS came with rear drum's...Do you know if that would work for mine?

I want rotors all around.

Nope. They do not fit the housings themselves are totally diffrent the only people making discs for that rear right now is Baer brakes.

Is this the new HD rear end of the normal rear end?  If it's the HD, I'll take it.

Nope. They do not fit the housings themselves are totally diffrent the only people making discs for that rear right now is Baer brakes.

DAMN IT!!!!

lol

K cool....doesnt hurt to ask.....thanks anyways. :thumbs:

Are you sure have you tried? All the baer kit is, is the same alumasport setup for 04 and earlier but they include the factory 04 and earlier backing plated that bolt right up to the housing. It puts the caliper in a slightly different position but just besure your bleed screw is in the up right position and your ok! You will need some braided lines made to go from the hard line to the caliper and a bracket to hold the hard line from moving around or flexing which could cause cracking of the line. But it will work even though it is much easier to just buy bears kit which comes with everything and be done with it. Don't forget you have to pull the axels to do this swap. It's the only part that sux about this swap!

Edit: Incase you were considering swaping the entire rearend it may bolt up in the truck but I wouldn't reccomend it. The reason GM went to this larger 14bolt in the 2wd HO trucks is because they were worried about the rearend that is in the AWD trucks not being able to handle the power all being sent to the rear. I'd say if GM is actually worried about it then don't do it!

Archived