I'm new here so if you guys can help me out.

Whats up guys, last week i got myself a brand new 2005 SSS, so far i love every single thing about it, now here are my questions to you guys. So far i have tints and HID's on it, im doing Magnaflow's on it next tuesday and my intake should be here by mid next week. Now I was wondering what i could do in order to get some power for cheap and what you guys would rec. for me? I was also wondering what the PCM was and what I could do with it and I also wanted to know where to get those black out lights fo the front and rear.

Thanks for all of your time.

Congrats on the truck :cheers:

The best bang for the buck mod is the PCM. Check out the PCM 4 Less website. It'll answer all your questions about how it can help performance. After that I would recommend a shift kit and servos to get your shifts right. Search for Zippy shift kit :driving:

Have fun with this truck and prepare to watch your wallet shrink... the mod addiction gets expensive. :thumbs:

Welcome to the board, would love to see some pics of your new ride and maybe some ideas of what you want to do in the future. Did you get the 2WD or the AWD SS?

As far as drivetrain mods go, most here agree that the PCM re-programming, shift kit, and Corvette 2nd gear servo are a must; the cat-back and cold air intake (together) are also solid purchases. RE: Magnaflow, others have reported that if you are serious about performance get the dual-in/dual-out Magnaflow muffler (not the 2-into-1). I would avoid TB spacers, aftermarket MAF. The last huge improvement (naturally aspirated) would be a performance torque converter, there have been lots of discussions here already on others' experiences with various units.

As a generality - if you want to get into honest HIGH performance then some sort of forced-induction will be required, that will also require a performance rebuild of the transmission as well as headers and free-flow cats.

Do you have a target speed or goal you wish to achieve with your new truck?

Mr. P. :)

the mods expenses i can take i'm an 8 time SPL world record holder for car audio, but what about the shift kit my truck is automatic? By the way thanks for being nice some guys on other forums tell me to f@#K off.

Sweet... I'd love to pick your brain for car audio stuff... anything planned for the SS yet?

All the SS's are automatics and thats what a shift kit is good for... it'll firm up the shifts and actually extend the life of the trans. I'm sure Zippy will chime in here soon and help you out w/ the shift kit.

What forums told you to F**K off? We might pick on you for being a n00b for a while, but its always in good fun.

SPL? dB Draggin' ? Who are you and do you know who we are?

Team Hertz

Did you go to finals this year? We didn't. Kind of growing out of it. What class did you compete?

SPL?  dB Draggin' ?  Who are you and do you know who we are?

Team Hertz

Did you go to finals this year?  We didn't.  Kind of growing out of it.  What class did you compete?

Didn't make it to finals last year (my stuff was stolen) but i competed for Aztec Motorsports for Eddie and David Alfaro from elgin, I shouldn't really say i was an 8 time world champ as in our teem was (but when it came down to my car i spend lots of $). If you guys know dbdrag, usaci, or meca you would know who we where, team hertz, i saw you guys in west virginia i think for SVR you guys went up against Kyle and his Scion.

I have one more question about where to get those headlight black outs.

Archived