Enjine Issues, Help

6.0ss

Besides spelling issues with the thread title...

I have the alternator fixed, a New PCM from Allen and a New tank of Gasoline!

Same issues!!!???!!! :banghead:

Here is the crazy part. I can turn off the truck. let it sit for 15 min. start it up and it will run like a pro for 3-7 min. then this stuff happens...(every time)

Simptoms are...

Rough Idle, (more like a stumble)

No Power (even in boost)

Sounds like I have traction control on my engine. ( step on the gas and instead of a nice plesant exaust note I hear and feel) Studdering and hesitation to go, If i keep on it for more than 2 seconds it will back fire

I have changed the PCM, New Gasoline, and the alternator is charging just fine!

Things I have checked.....

Radix Coolant pump is working. Spark plugs are connected and tight, airfilter is clean, Oil is fresh and full. CHecked all vacume lines...

Where else can I go with this... Any one heard of this before?

Have you changed the plug wires? My camaro use to do this all the time and I couldnt never figure it out, but one time at night I popped the hood and could see small sparks jumping from 2 wires to the block, once that was fixed it worked fine. What are your temps at also? Maybe an exhaust leak? Other than that I dont know, sorry

New MSD Wires,, NKG Plugs.

At work we have a fleet of 10 chevy vans and our local mechanic says that it sounds like a fuel pump, filter. Because it back fires it is running lean and that I should drive it as gingerly as possible!!

I am taking it in on monday to get it looked at!!!

Take a look at the MAF sensor...may have messed up the element...somehow??? :dunno: It sounds like a fuel/air mixture problem and your MAF controls that...just a thought. Also you may want to read out your O2 sensors...may also have a fowled sensor

Sorry to hear. I would check out the simple stuff first.

Have you pulled the plugs to look at them? That may tell what it's doing.

What you can do to keep from "guessing", is buy the tools you should have with over $4k of investment already in your truck. You need some logging software. Without it, you're checking things that "sound" like the problem. If you had those tools, you would know what it is. Honestly, and I know I've said it many times, I can't see why someone will spend $4k in parts and not spend another $850, or so (worse case - providing you don't already own a laptop), to give them the ability to diagnose problems before they become terminal, or some form of damage occurs.

You need a laptop with middle of the road capability and some $350 software and you're set. Your assumption that you're running lean may be true, but with simple monitoring of your ltrims in the software, you wouldn't have to assume.

Everyone as of late, or so it seems, is running around with so much money under the hood, having problems, without what they need to diagnose and protect it.

If it's a matter of understanding what it says, every bit of software has a forum to ask those questions just like this one. You could also ask them here.

If you are running a FI system, the system is not complete without ALL the tools you need to run it - IMHO.

Okay, okay...sorry....I'll get off my soapbox now. :happysad:

Not picking on just you.

Archived