New Black SS

nd5779

I took mine off and painted it with Krylon Fusion paint. Did it almost 8 months ago and it still looks like I just painted it. Be careful with the over spray though, there will be lots of it.

It comes off really easy, just unbolt it from the back.

congrats and welcome this site can get expensive though

Congrats :cheers:

Do yourself a favor...I bought that Mr. Clean Wash system at WalMart. I wash the truck by hand ( carefully or course, black is a bitch,) (make sure that sponge or mitt is CLEAN), then I use the Mr. Clean method. It has filters in it that take

out the minerals in the water and you get a spot free, streak free looking truck. No need to wipe it down. With Black, the less wiping the better.

My Black SS is and 03 and the paint is still Awesome.

I'm am looking to claybar it soon...I see Meguires has a clay bar out now. Anybody try it ??

George

Welcome to the site and enjoy the SSS, black is def the nicest and fastest :jester:

Do yourself a favor...I bought that Mr. Clean Wash system at WalMart. I wash the truck by hand ( carefully or course, black is a bitch,) (make sure that sponge or mitt is CLEAN), then I use the Mr. Clean method. It has filters in it that take

out the minerals in the water and you get a spot free, streak free looking truck. No need to wipe it down. With Black, the less wiping the better.

I'm am looking to claybar it soon...I see Meguires has a clay bar out now. Anybody try it ??

George

That mequires is good stuff, it comes in a box with some other stuff, the spray that comes with it really makes it shine nice after your done

Welcome to the site and enjoy the SSS, black is def the nicest and fastest :jester:

George

That mequires is good stuff, it comes in a box with some other stuff, the spray that comes with it really makes it shine nice after your done

Found out a little trick, use the clay bar as you wash! saves a step or two. :thumbs:

Archived