PCM tune

whmayhew

:

I am the former owner of an SS. I swapped it last year for an Avalanche and this year swapped it for a Silverado 1500 HD. It has the 6.0 and the larger rear ends. I am into something different then the most of you. There are not many drag races up here but alot of pickup owners are into pulling a weighted, geared sled down a dirt track that is 300 feet long. The purpose is to pull it further than your competitors.

There are mostly Chevy's and Dodges as the gas Ford's are power limited except in the diesel classed.

The only thing that I am looking for is a power tune and everything will be stock. I had tried reprogrammers in the past, Hypertech and Diablo Sport in my SS. The Hypertech was real good in my 2000 LT 5.3 but insignificant in 2 2002's that I had it programmed for. The Diablo Sport went in my SS and the only change that I noticed was in the speed limiter.

We pull in low range on the governor once you get the drag moving good.

Any suggestions on a tune and the right parameters for the tune? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for the info guys. It is greatly appreciated. I emailed him last week and he said that he could help me out. I was just wondering what else was out there. Do you think that I should keep my old computer and swap it out when not needed? :driving::driving:

I have a Nelson Performance tune and couldn't be happier. I kept my stock PCM just in case anything were to happen. I believe I paid $125.00 core charge. Best bang for the buck upgrade IMHO.

Tuners most people go with:

PCM4LESS

Westers

Nelson Performance

Late- Alex

I know he isnt a sponsor....but as far as the best bang for your buck in a tune...is Jesse @ Wait4me...the tune is $75 if you send yor PCM in..and 167 if you want to keep it. Just as good and effective as Nelson. I havent ever been in a truck w/ one from PCM4Less...jus my 2 cents.

Archived