My Before

Still waiting on the 4x6 infinitys and the TA7801 amp to come in so I'll have pics up of complete install after I get them.

Head Unit and my EQ

HUandEQ.sized.jpg

Everything together

audio.jpg

here's a pic of the sub frame for box

box_subframe.sized.jpg

how many subs I see 8 pyramid boxes??

you are correct 8 of them...can't wait to show you the amp ...came on the truck today but i didn't get it out of my truck (big mofo)

have to wait to finish staining the box...yes I said staining...I made the box out of 3/4" oak MDF so it should look sexy with the white cone subs

the only bitch I'm having is running the zero gauge and upgrading all the wiring under the hood with 0 gauge (amp to battery, amp ground, battery ground)

Don't want to Rain On Your Parade....BUT...I think you're setting yourself up for a major loss. :dunno: From all my years as a police officer I can't remember a "stock factory" stereo being stolen, nobody wants "stock factory" stereos, only the fancy aftermarket ones. When my kids bought stereo's I told them to get the ones with the removable faceplates, which they did, but they never take it with them!

When I was a kid, my stereo was my highly modified small block chevy... now that was music to my ears! :thumbs:

Don't want to Rain On Your Parade....BUT...I think you're setting yourself up for a major loss.  :dunno: From all my years as a police officer I can't remember a "stock factory" stereo being stolen, nobody wants "stock factory" stereos, only the fancy aftermarket ones. When my kids bought stereo's I told them to get the ones with the removable faceplates, which they did, but they never take it with them!

When I was a kid, my stereo was my highly modified small block chevy... now that was music to my ears! :thumbs:

my truck doesn't sit in the driveway...plus it's a gated community with 24 hr security

but another thing that is funny...they'd have a bitch of a time to cut my power wire from underneath the truck & work around the security that is on it....even if they somehow get around it....you'd shit if you knew how much money I have in the system i'm putting in....retail it's over 2K but I have less then half that in it so it's not a huge problem to me

plus I don't advertise it where I live ... only four people know what I'm doing aside from the pictures I just put on here and it's not like it's going to be something extreme that I'm doing but if they want to steal it they better just bring a chainsaw cause it's not going to come out quick and easy :D

Don't want to Rain On Your Parade....BUT...I think you're setting yourself up for a major loss.  :dunno: From all my years as a police officer I can't remember a "stock factory" stereo being stolen, nobody wants "stock factory" stereos, only the fancy aftermarket ones. When my kids bought stereo's I told them to get the ones with the removable faceplates, which they did, but they never take it with them!

yeah actually last tuesday i got my indash dvd and 12's amp cap. stolen out of my truck sucks cant have shit anymore. gettin truck back this week it will stay stock on the inside may have to make her whistle soon though that will sound better then stereo. :cheers:

ok so now I have my last order hopefully from parts express but I said screw it waiting for the next shipment from Infinity and just took the 4x6s out of our audio wall at work...a few pics here and hopefully by thursday have everything in (have Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Sunday off)

4x6.sized.jpg

Amp

TA7801.sized.jpg

I love how underrated the MTX amps are

BirthSheet.jpg

• 2 months later...

ok so i finally had a few days off in a row and hurried to finish everything...8 8" are in and both amps...sub and highs are inside the box

I am going to change the sides out hence why i didn't bother to stain them because I will be porting the box (6"), I just wanted to hear what i'd sound like sealed first

Subs_001.jpg

the only evidence of amps inside the box

subs2.jpg

and the headunit and EQ double stack in dash...I love the flexibility that the eq allows me to have....make the 8s sound like 8 or 10 or 12s

HU.jpg

yeah but with those subs....to get to most i can out of them I needed to have about a 9.6 cu ft box to get max efficiency...although on a couple songs that have a lot of deep bass....i have hit the max excursion a couple times on the subs....wish i would've spent about $15 more per speaker and got a set of pyle's that had about an inch more excursion

plus i may at a future date add 8 more of the same and remake the box a bit bigger and have dual slot ports with it in a (4x2)^2 configuration and make it even louder....but with it right now it's about as loud as i can stand with it turned up

I'm curious as to how much louder (if at all...he'll say) mine is compared to 6.0ss.

first things first though.....need to beef up the roof.....doors are fine but i need to layer on the bondo thicker when i redo the roof

all in all i'm content as of now...saving money for FI now along with some cash to relocate next spring when i get transfered to another store

Hmmm... obviously the rear seat is un-fold-down-able (is that a word? :jester: ) at this point.. So why not take it out? Is the box easy enough to remove so that the seat becomes useable again? If not.. then I'm confused..

Very unique though, in either case.. :thumbs:

Hmmm... obviously the rear seat is un-fold-down-able (is that a word?  :jester: ) at this point.. So why not take it out?  Is the box easy enough to remove so that the seat becomes useable again?  If not.. then I'm confused..

Very unique though, in either case..  :thumbs:

the box is bolted down to the floor of the cab and the reason for the seat not taken out is due to having it sit in the garage or attic (am i'm not wanting it to sit around and collect dust or take a chance on getting damaged)

If need be though I can get under the truck and unbolt the box...but the only way it's gonna come out is if I have a couple guys help me cause it weights around 300lbs with the amps and caps inside.

and then it's only coming out to put something else (bigger) in

Archived