Crane Race Gold Rockers

Since my builder was able to get a set of the Comp shaft-mount rockers and test fit them on my heads, it appears that no machining will be necessary. And, he'll be using those that he has in his shop. So, maybe I can have my motor in a day, or two. Thanks goes out to Preston (plwtwo) :thumbs:

Here they are:

Since my builder was able to get a set of the Comp shaft-mount rockers and test fit them on my heads, it appears that no machining will be necessary.  And, he'll be using those that he has in his shop.  So, maybe I can have my motor in a day, or two.  Thanks goes out to Preston (plwtwo) :thumbs:

Here they are:

Congrats, that is very cool! You've been without your baby for way too long... :cry:

Not only that - Preston just delivered them to my door a little while ago. Can't beat that. Good guy :thumbs:

One thing you notice right away with the Comp is the quality. These things are top notch and light years ahead of Patriot's shaft mounts.

has anyone used the Jesel shaft mount rockers?

None that I'm aware of on here. Quite a few f-body guys are using them. Nice set from what I here. Requires some machining of the heads, I believe.

And 1" valve cover spacers.

They were pretty expensive when I looked for rollers. I think the cheapest I saw was $1150 for Jesels but its been a while now.

Looks like I am back to the Crane race gold rockers. They are the ones that the lift varies when the valve is actually about midway through it's lift up to 1.81, then back to 1.7-1.71 at peak lift. They basically get the valves off their seats quicker. I spoke to one of the guys at Crane earlier today. The Comps would have required some machining, and I just don't have time to get that done before I leave to go to RI next week. Although, Dennis has delayed it also. Seems UPS shipments were held in Jax pending Dennis damage. Maybe...the motor will be picked up by tomorrow night - who knows. Gives me 4 days to get it in and running - lucky me. :sick:

Archived