Navigation

DJ Joey Unity

i am looking for some suggestions on a Navigation unit for my SS. i just started looking into the idea about 20 minutes ago and noticed there are a ton out there. i am looking for one that will mount on the dash and can be removed. any help would be greatly appreciated.

price range up to $1000

Not sure if this is what your looking for, but it's a Magellan 700 (about $900 on Ebay) and with a little creative mounting, it fit's perfectly in the upper pocket in the center console. It's still removable from car to car.

DSC00669.jpg

It's awsome! Works perfectly there, and I even wired the plug into the back of the cigarette lighter for a clean look. When I remove it, all I have to do is just unplug it, the only thing is you'll need to either buy a plug to cut if you choose to mount it that way.

Not sure if this is what your looking for, but it's a Magellan 700 (about $900 on Ebay) and with a little creative mounting, it fit's perfectly in the upper pocket in the center console.  It's still removable from car to car.

DSC00669.jpg

I just noticed you have an 05' SSS and they got rid of the passenger air bag control huh?

Late- Alex

Yeah, the airbag is now controlled by a sensor in the passenger seat. It's off if no ones in the seat, and on if someone is sitting there. There's a little status light on the bottom of the rear view mirror instead of on the dash under the SS badge.

Archived