This is weird

Could be a perception with different road surfaces. That has quite an impact upon bass in a car. Also as the amplifier gets hot it can play differently if it is running near its capacity. Atmospheric pressure can effect the sound, output and clarity of a sub, especialy in a sealed enclosure (does nothing to ported ones).

Check your voltage, amps drawn and make sure you play the same media each time, don't be changing CD's

OK, im not going def, and it cant be the auto volume because I have an after market head unit. And I know its not road noise because I have my truck dynamated. I can be listening to the same song, and then bass will hit, and a few seconds later the bass will hit that same note and the bass wont hit as hard.

I am thinking it is my amp. I will have it looked at.

The suggestions I have are endless however here is a quick one:

-keep in mind I do not know your set-up :D -

Are you running your subs in stereo or mono? Are they both (subs) in phase or is one flipped 180* out of phase?

Most music today is recorded in stereo,...even in the sub frequencies (

What are you doing for a X-over? Slope? freq. cut? Active or passive?

I used to run a 180* out of phase tweeter for a supplimental center channel during SQ comps. I lost points during the out of phase check, but it sure did open up my front sound stage and better overall score.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived