PCM not working properly

-I'm sorry if this is in the wrong forum I just need to get my working.

Hi all, it has been a little over a week, since I shipped my PCM back to Brian for another because my truck would not start. He told me it was because I did not relearn it properly to the security system, I thougt I did, but guess not. So the new one came in today I put it in, it I take the truck out and immediately the check enegine light comes on, and on the computer REDUCE ENGINE SPEED, and I was only going 15m.p.h. I stopped and my truck was backfiring and almost stalling. I could only do about 10 m.p.h., I call Bryan (kind of late sorry)but I needed to get home, I try disconnecting the battery and let it sit for 15 min reconnect it go to start it and it sounds the same.

Now here is my real problem I put the original back in and my truck is backfiring like it was on the other PCM . I know it should not but have absoulutly no clue why this is happening.I start it a couple times, and on the dash REDUCE ENGINE SPEED and my truck was about to stall, truck was at only 300-500 r.p.m. every time. I parked the truck at a nearby at a gas station in the shitest neighborhood. called Brian he told me to try to re-connect it maybe the pins were not connected right but I went through the whole prosses and same thing every time. Any suggestions would definately be appreciated. I want to get my truck out of that neighborhood ASAP.

Thanks in advance Patrick

Patrick-- couple of things

Are you sure it doesn't say "REDUCED ENGINE POWER"?

Also, try getting it scanned for DTCs.  That's probably the only way you can help Bryan get it running again.

pat's computer is not working at home, so I will answer this for him. His computer does say Reduced engine Power. How does he scan for DTC's? I will be there trying to get it running in an hour or two...

ok, I am out here with Patricks truck and we scanned the pcm for codes and it is throwing us-

P0120 (Throttle/Pedal Position sensor/switch A Circuit Malfunction)

P0220 (Throttle/Pedal Position Sensor/Switch B Circuit Malfunction)

P1516 (Command vs Actual Throttle position performance TAC Module)

P2101 - This one I don't know what the error is...

Anyone have any ideas? We need to get his truck out of here asap. It will start but runs really bad. The reduced engine power is displayed on the DIC with both the stock and PCM4Less PCM. Everytime I clear the codes it immediately pulls them back up with the ignition on and the reduced engine power light and check engine light come on.

Need Help ASAP please!!!

Archived