goodyer gatorback belts

mbpsychoSS

You paid to have your belts installed? I hate seeing someone waste their money like that. Changing a belt has got to be the easiest thing to do on these trucks. Takes less than 2 minutes. Buy a Haynes manual, it gives step-by-step instructions. They may not have them for the SS, but any GM full-size truck '99 of above will work for this truck. $170 is a lot of money for 2 belts.

The belts were 70.00 bucks a piece and i wanted to make sure they fit due to the # were were off and i have a S/C with no cross # so 30.00 bucks and no mess and nice warrenty isn't too bad

Main drive belt 4060922 ..............70

super charger belt 4060710..........70

labor .........................................30

no squell......................................Priceless

so whats your point if i wanted to pay cost i would have gotten them at cost from my brother at the dealeship :chevy:

The belts were 70.00 bucks a piece and i wanted to make sure they fit due to the # were were off and i have a S/C with no cross # so 30.00 bucks and no mess and nice warrenty isn't too bad

I think I paid $35 for a gatorback belt for my Radix.

:withstupid:

Got mine from Summit (special order) for under $40. Came with a free hat too. Took me a whole 30 seconds to install.

I guess I really didn't have a point. It just threw me for a loop that two belts and install cost $170+. Ultimately it's your money - you spend it how you want. In some ways I guess I was saying that you got taken, but if you don't think so....I guess there really isn't a point. If it were me, I'd pick another shop.

Goodyear belts have a manufacturer's lifetime warranty.

Suggested list price

4060922 $72.39

4060710 $46.39

$170.00 does seem a little rich for two belts and installation

I can sell you those belts for $50.00 for both

4060922 $30.00

4060710 $20.00

I'm with Ben here, it sounds like the shop hammered you hard

No flame intended, using this as an opportunity to educate others

:cheers:

Archived