raced my brothers 350Z

IamRobG

We happened to line up together the other day going to work. So i gave it a little torque breaking light changed and right off the bat he was at my door through first and most of second. Then he stopped spinning and slowly started walking away. Right now i have Volant and Superchips and 22's. But he was definitely surprised to see me take him up to about 55-60

Hmmm, I believe the 350Z is rated for 0-60 in 5.8 stock. Anyone else second what chiel says on this? All you need is a good tune and a stock SSS can stay ahead of one no problem??

Getting a tune very soon myself, but I wasn't going to mess with my buddy and his '05 350Z untill I do a few more mods or it was raining. ;)

Sure do want to walk all over that little ricer though! This guy stuck his '76 vette in the garage and only drives the (bright yellow) Z now. I think he needs to be wooped just for the principle of it! :smash:

Easy now...I think the 350Z will be a little tougher to beat than you might think.

Stock they do low-14s at 100-101mph...see this Car & Driver article.

Add a few minor bolt-ons, they can run closer to 104-105mph trap speeds, and mid-to-low 13-sec ET's.

Quickest one I've seen runs 12.9 @ 106...N/A, just minor bolt-ons.

See here: SPLparts.com 350Z write-up

So while they aren't the fastest cars on the road...they are pretty quick for a 3.5liter!

- Brian (the resident Nissan sportscar guy)

Easy now...I think the 350Z will be a little tougher to beat than you might think.

Stock they do low-14s at 100-101mph...

Yeah, that's why I had to question it. I thought they were plenty quick. My buddy is stock except for Eagle F1s (he has some problem with Pirelli and put the Goodyears on 2 days after he took delivery). Not sure how well he can drive this thing yet, so maybe I will just wait for a rainy day. At least I'll have some advantage then. :thumbs:

Archived