I have a Question about the stock radio

ThePDB

I've been thinking of getting a remote mount dvd player and screen. I was planning on hooking up the audio through the factory radio with the P.I.E. GM12-Aux interface. I just wanna make sure before I order it that I wont lose xm. If so, does anyone know of a different adapter that wont lose factory XM??? Thanks guys. Chad

I've been thinking of getting a remote mount dvd player and screen.  I was planning on hooking up the audio through the factory radio with the P.I.E. GM12-Aux interface.  I just wanna make sure before I order it that I wont lose xm.  If so, does anyone know of a different adapter that wont lose factory XM???  Thanks guys. Chad

To answer my own question, it looks like according to crutchfield: CD Changer/XM Radio: In nearly all cases the factory CD Changer, XM Radio, or rear seat entertainment system (when present) will work in combination with this auxiliary input adapter.

Oh well, they have free return shipping if for some crazy reason it doesnt work out.

Now is the time you guys can all laugh at me since I answered my own question. :yellow_loser:

and if I'm wrong and someone knows correct me :) Chad

There are no Stupid questions... Just stupid people HAHAHAH Just messin.. I think you should be able to keep your stock XM all the unit does is take audio.

Yeah, the explanation on crutchfield says that theres 3 harnesses, one that hooks to the radio, one that goes to the interface, and one that replaces what used to be in the radio... so I should be all good. DVD + SSS here I come :) Man I know how to waste $$$. HAHA

Archived