Pulleys Or Not???

flyinpony

Does any one know if adding a pully set to a stock SS makes any difference in horsepower vs. the cost??? if so, which pully set is better/ There are two different sets. One has the alternator pully in addition to the balancer pulley. Does it really make a signifcant difference in electrical equipment and so forth??

The reason i am asking is beacuse on my mustang, the alternator pully I had really didnt enable you to have many electrical equipment on at a time unless you were driving at a decent rpm range. For example, at a light idling, the lights would dim, or the wipers would be extremely slow. :confused:

Does any one know if adding a pully set to a stock SS makes any difference in horsepower vs. the cost???  if so, which pully set is better/ There are two different sets. One has the alternator pully in addition to the balancer pulley. Does it really make a signifcant difference in electrical equipment and so forth??

The reason i am asking is beacuse on my mustang, the alternator pully I had really didnt enable you to have many electrical equipment on at a time unless you were driving at a decent rpm range. For example, at a light idling, the lights would dim, or the wipers would be extremely slow. :confused:

I vote leave them all alone everything works properly and your not going to see enough of a horsepower gain for the problems you may encounter.

Does any one know if adding a pully set to a stock SS makes any difference in horsepower vs. the cost???  if so, which pully set is better/ There are two different sets. One has the alternator pully in addition to the balancer pulley. Does it really make a signifcant difference in electrical equipment and so forth??

if you wait till friday night I'll tell ya. I'm haveing them put on friday and racing that night.

Brad

I ran with the new pulleys and only got like .04 better. The weather was not the same as my best run before so not a fair comparison, but given the better weather i would say only worth a tenth to tenth and a half. Not worth the price if you ask me.

Brad

I put on the ASP pullys and I have a system and a few other eletrical toys and no prob.  Not a lot of fun to put on, but if it helps out I am for it. I say do it,

Thanks for the input....By thw way which set did you put on? Just the harmonic balancer pulley. or the one with the alternator pu;;y alomg with the harmonic balancer pulley???

I ran with the new pulleys and only got like .04 better.  The weather was not the same as my best run before so not a fair comparison, but given the better weather i would say only worth a tenth to tenth and a half.  Not worth the price if you ask me.

Brad

not worth the price for a tenth?? :confused::confused: if it isn't what is? they are about $20/hp.

UD pulleys are one of the best $$$/hp mods you can do. PLUS it will increase gas mileage!

I ran with the new pulleys and only got like .04 better.  The weather was not the same as my best run before so not a fair comparison, but given the better weather i would say only worth a tenth to tenth and a half.  Not worth the price if you ask me.

Brad

not worth the price for a tenth?? :confused::confused: if it isn't what is? they are about $20/hp.

UD pulleys are one of the best $$$/hp mods you can do. PLUS it will increase gas mileage!

ummm. that much for one tenth...yeah not worth it to me. that $279.00 that i would like to spend on something else. And where are you getting your HP numbers from. did you dyno with and with out them, or just going off what they list them at. 8-10 hp. I know tenths can be hard to get once your et starts to get down there. And no i have not got better MPG at all. I'm on my 3rd tank right now since the install. this is just from my testing, and no other outside info(still need to run them on a equal weather condition to know the true gain, but right now only .04 better)...they are not worth it to me. I would say, save the money and buy something else that may be more but provide better results.

Brad

i had real good luck with them in my dodge...like unheard of luck. I got 3 tenths out of it. And no it wasn't just once, everytime out it was 3 tenths better when comparing to the same weather conditions of a past run. I was hoping for 2 tenths on this truck, but not going to happen this time around.

Brad

Archived