Simple Radix Question

Hey guys-

Just wondering about everybody's evap solenoid with the radix. Mine is very loose in the mount, with the hold-down bolt torqued down tight. As I bought this kit used, I re-used the stock bolt, as I did not see anything saying to do otherwise.

Is it supposed to be very wobbly in there or do I need to come up with a better way to tightened it down?

I'm concerned about having a sizable vaccum leak because of this.

Thanks

Justin

Mine is sloppy as well.  The tubing that wraps around the blower isn't a real great fit either.  Haven't had any issues thus far!  :cheers:

Okay, good to know. I'm just looking at every angle possible to figure out why I'm not having smooth acceleration in 3rd gear and not making as much power as I should be up there. I think I'm going to try plugging up that hose fitting on the way home today to see if it makes a difference.

Thanks for the response

That stock shaped plastic EVAP hose is a pain. It fits, but not by much. My evap didn't sit well in the mount either, but its OK. I also bought mine used and actually went a week or two without the evap hose connected to the radix. No problems running it that way. I'd expect if you had a small vac leak at this evap location, it would effect your idle and low throttle driving more than accellerating power.

Do you have any logging software or a scanner? How about boost gauge or fuel pressure gauge?

You might check the hose connection that goes from the fuel pressure regulator to the radix. Its designed to alter fuel pressure on the amount of vacuum or boost your have. If its not getting a good reference, then your fueling will be off. Rich at idle, lean under boost.

That stock shaped plastic EVAP hose is a pain.  It fits, but not by much.  My evap didn't sit well in the mount either, but its OK.  I also bought mine used and actually went a week or two without the evap hose connected to the radix.  No problems running it that way.   I'd expect if you had a small vac leak at this evap location, it would effect your idle and low throttle driving more than accellerating power. 

Do you have any logging software or a scanner?  How about boost gauge or fuel pressure gauge?

You might check the hose connection that goes from the fuel pressure regulator to the radix.  Its designed to alter fuel pressure on the amount of vacuum or boost your have.  If its not getting a good reference, then your fueling will be off.  Rich at idle, lean under boost.

I've got new hoses everywhere as of last week. Idle is usually pretty smooth at around 650. Showing 18-20" of vaccum at idle with A/C off, 6psi Boost under load. Fuel Pressure sits a hair above 50 at idle, and I think around 61-62 at 6psi... somewhere a bit above 60psi. I have a new throttle body gasket to ensure that isn't the problem.

I think I've ruled out vaccum leaks every where but this evap solenoid. Wires are MSD and have 10K on them, Plugs are NGK TR6 @ 0.035 and have only a few hundred miles on them.

No logging or scanning ability yet, I'm having a tough time deciding between purchasing HPT or EFI Live. I currently have a PCMForless tune setup for the radix.

I rarely venture into WOT territory, especially with the traffic and speed limits in this area, so half to 3/4 throttle is my normal driving range. First and Second gear pull very well, 3rd is where it starts to feel like the truck is almost missing as it's accelerating. 70mph+ acceleration feels stock, especially if kicking down from 4th to 3rd.

I'm at a loss til I get some tuning software, which hopefully I'll be able to stop procrastinating about in the next week.

EDIT: Disconnected the EVAP hose this AM and plugged the barb on the intake manifold. Traffic was extremely heavy so I haven't had a chance to really notice a difference...

Well....if power levels seem low, you may want to check the Radix mounting bolts. It's pretty important to make about 3 passes on all the bolts in the pattern suggested for a stock manifold, or Radix instructions. You find that even on your 3rd pass some bolts will not have their required torque. Make sure you use a tq wrench also, overtightening is not a good thing.

Could be the tune. Its hard for anyone to get the tune right without any data from your truck. Mine was like that so I installed the stock superchips program and now it runs strong. Im going to take my truck to Bryan to tune it on the Dyno as soon as Ive got time. Good Luck

Well....if power levels seem low, you may want to check the Radix mounting bolts.  It's pretty important to make about 3 passes on all the bolts in the pattern suggested for a stock manifold, or Radix instructions.  You find that even on your 3rd pass some bolts will not have their required torque.  Make sure you use a tq wrench also, overtightening is not a good thing.

I went over all of the bolts when installing it til they were consistantly torqued down properly and have re-checked (and tightened a couple of them) a few times since then. I will re-check them all again tomorrow. Thanks for the tip

• 2 weeks later...

Archived