Computer Relearn if chaning from cust to stock PCM

standby

Had some low idle issues yesterday (turned out to be bad gas I THINK) and was considering heading to the stealership to check it out. I kept the stock PCM when I installed the pcmforless tune in case the truck had to go in for any warranty work. Luckily the relearn wasn't needed for the pcm change (about 8K miles ago). If changing back to stock would the relearn procedure possibly be needed? Just a curiosity question.

This may be the first post ever on silveradoss.com about changing from custom to stock computer :D

Had some low idle issues yesterday (turned out to be bad gas I THINK) and was considering heading to the stealership to check it out.  I kept the stock PCM when I installed the pcmforless tune in case the truck had to go in for any warranty work.  Luckily the relearn wasn't needed for the pcm change (about 8K miles ago).  If changing back to stock would the relearn procedure possibly be needed?  Just a curiosity question. 

This may be the first post ever on silveradoss.com about changing from custom to stock computer :D

I changed a tahoe from custom to stock day before yesterday to take it to the dealer, and it fired right up. Hopefully yours will be the same

Archived