big problem

jboyss

I have two diamond audio subs and a memphis amp. Ever since i got it all hooked up the amp cant hold a fuse. Its been uninstalled three times and i just got it back for the fourth time and it blew on me again. My audio shop keeps saying its the amps fault and the amp keeps goin back to memphis and comin back and breaking again. What is the deal!? Is it memphis' fault or could it be the way it is all hooked up. I just wanna enjoy my system that i spent so much on already.

the fuses in the amp are the ones it came with and they do not come any bigger. they are like the little automotive fuses in 40amp, and they are impossible to find and dont come bigger. And the one under the hood is huge and doesnt blow.

Sounds like you have a short somewhere ... possibly a screw through the wires or a pinched (bad) wire somewhere ... its definately grounding out somewhere ... IMO

Troubleshooting hint: disconnect everything from the amp except 12v-positive and ground lead, then apply turn-on power (green) and see if it stays powered-up then.

Mr. P.

Yep.. .this is for sure step number one when amps are blowin fuzes. If it goes. you know it is the amp.. if it does not... then you know it is in the speaker wires or RCA wires that you have a short..(most likely the speaker wires)

My brother had this issue in his last truck.. speaker wire got pinched under his back seat braket when we bolted it back in. fuses kept going and amp got hot quick.

Troubleshooting hint:  disconnect everything from the amp except 12v-positive and ground lead, then apply turn-on power (green) and see if it stays powered-up then.

Mr. P.

i had my audio shop go over everything and every wire. They replaced the speaker wires and then ran the system for 45 minutes at a good volume and then i took it home and it worked for awhile till i went to the gym. I came out of the gym to leave and it no longer worked. i felt liek an idiot when i was like yo man you gotta hear it, it finally works. :banghead: no bass.

Archived