Oil Temp Gauge

knightrider2000

Was wanting to add an oil temp gauge to my 05 ss, wheres a good place to put the sender? 

Thanks,

Matt

Did your gauge come with any directions? What does the sender look like? Threaded, etc... Without more information it would be very difficult to provide some kind of answer.

sorry,  its just a standard 1.8 in screw in oil temp sender..  made by autometer.

Thanks,

Matt

You mean 1/8" NPT right?

Also along the same lines and not to high jack your thread but does anyone know of a good place to hook up the sending unit for trans temp of just into the side of the pan as autometer says? Theres gotta be a better place than that!!!

sorry,  its just a standard 1.8 in screw in oil temp sender..  made by autometer.

Thanks,

Matt

You mean 1/8" NPT right?

Also along the same lines and not to high jack your thread but does anyone know of a good place to hook up the sending unit for trans temp of just into the side of the pan as autometer says? Theres gotta be a better place than that!!!

I would want it somewhere along the return line from the cooler. Although, not sure how to attach it. Are there any plugs that are along the tranny made for that?

Yea 1/8 NPT

on my 99 5.3 that had the 4L60E, there was a Pressure Test port, right around the shift linkage, on drivers side, that is where i had my tranny temp gauge on that truck. it was susposed to be in the flow comming back from the cooler, when i got my HD cluster in that truck, my gauge always read about 15 degrees less than the cluster gauge read. it was just a plug, 1/8 removed it and screwed my sender in, but i dont know if that plug is here on these trannys or not.

Matt

Archived