QUICK QUESTION

LVooop

I have installed many subs and amps in the past but never with the stock radio. I have A 2005 SSS and I am wondering if it is possible to use a line level converter behind the dash or under the console? I know about the PAC converters but because I did not do my research in advance I bought the line level converter.

I really wanted to install the system tonight and was wondering if anyone new the answer to this question.

Thanks for the help!

A line level will work fine, just find the rear speaker wires on the back of the H/U and tap them. I had bad experience with a line level when I did the system on my Impala SS (my RCA output on the back of my Pioneer 7400MP stopped working) The line level kept doing all sorts of wierd stuff. On my truck I opted for the PAC adapter and I have it located in the center console right behind the bose amp.

Thanks for the insight. I also talked to a tech at Audio Express and he told me because of the bose system you have to hook the line level converter at a certain point. Basically you just pull out the cupholders and there is a wiring loom. In that large loom there is a light blue wire and a dark blue wire. Splice into those and its done.

I did all this the other day and it was rather easy and better yet it sounds great. No complaints!

Archived