Tossed the Flowmasters

Krambo

Well, I got rid of my 2 Flowmaster 40 series delta flow and installed 2 Magnaflows in their place. I have had numerous mufflers in my day however these are my first Magnaflows and I most likely will not buy another.

I like the sound of flowmaster over any muffler I have tried or have heard. The Magnaflow sound is very similar to a $20 18" Thrush glasspack. I do like the sound at idle - 75% throttle however once I open it up, I get the deep popping sound of a glasspack. I should have known this by the style of muffler however I got a great deal and the performance theory was evident in my case. Oh well, live and learn.

Anyone else have a comment or currently using them? :dunno:

i got the magnaflow performance muffler and i actually like how quiet it is. Surprised the hell out of me actually oh how well the tune things down. I like this over the other mufflers so far. But if you're looking for loud this are for sure not them!

The Magnaflow straight-thru design is great for performance. I think the sound may just take some getting used to, especially if you like the deep, throaty Flowmaster tone. Try to give it some time before you pass judgement.

A lot of guys just don't like the way Gen III engines sound relative to the old SBC's. Chambered mufflers like FM's create their own tone and disguise the differences somewhat.

It took me a while for the sound of the LS1 in my Camaro SS passin gas through a straight-thru SLP muffler, but like beer it became an acquired and lasting taste. :cheers:

I have the magnaflow single out the side.  I feel its to quiet, and now I have a whistle at WOT.. I hate it..

You don't have a tb spacer on there, do you?

I have the 15838 dual in single out magnaflow, and the Outlaw intake. Other than that, I am stock.

i have a mganaflow dual in/out with x pipe built in, i dont have headers either and i think its got some balls.i really like the sound

I'm getting the same muffler, did you get the 2.5" in/ out? I want mine to exit in front of the tire... love the magnaflow sound.

i used dual SSS tips out the side with a dual in dual out(2.5) with built in x over.

188465.jpg

188466.jpg

• 9 months later...
i have a mganaflow dual in/out with x pipe built in, i dont have headers either and i think its got some balls.i really like the sound

I'm getting the same muffler, did you get the 2.5" in/ out? I want mine to exit in front of the tire... love the magnaflow sound.

i used dual SSS tips out the side with a dual in dual out(2.5) with built in x over.

188465.jpg

188466.jpg

Archived