Need HP!

KoreySS

i have pcm for less and cai, i want more power! you guys were right when i joined you said i couldn't stop moddin' and i dont want to.

im actually putting a muffler on soon, but what else can i do (next step) for more horsepower!!!!!

Thanks!!

Korey

no influence towards these trucks can be bad can it??!!? :lol: thanks for the help if anyone wants to pm me on more info (companies, products, brands, ease of installations, etc.) i would really appreciate it!!

by the way everyone on here is so patient and helpful. thanks to everyone who helps me and my stupid questions!!!!

Korey :thumbs:

You've done some good things so far.

I would do a shift kit and Trailblazer TC next. Most have some type of shift kit on here and quite a few have a different TC.

The TC will amaze you at how different the truck will drive, especially from a dead stop. The TB TC runs under $200 and install should run about $200, or so. Don't forget the shift kit. It will help your tranny last longer, same as going to a larger tranny cooler as well.

I would zero in on a camshaft after that.

Further on, maybe some headers. By that point, your truck should pretty stout, power-wise.

You'll need a tuning change with the shift kit/TC, camshaft, and possibly after headers.

Some ideas - shift-kit & converter, head/cam/headers, NOS/headers...  Not that I'm trying to be a bad influence or anything  :D

Mr. P.

Mr. P,

When you say heads are you refering to after market or a port and polish job? If after market who would you go through? And for head work any recomended machine shops?

Korey,

Sounds like your next best mod is a cam, do a search on the site and there are some good part numbers for streetable perf. Since you won't go FI, NOS is a good hp for the money alternative.

Mr. P,

When you say heads are you refering to after market or a port and polish job?  If after market who would you go through?  And for head work any recomended machine shops?

I've done *zero* shopping on LSx headwork; I've done quite a bit for my old Pontiac. From my experiences, I'll say this - no matter what road you go headwork will be costly, so buy the best (for your application) and buy it once. Think systemically, have a complete plan: TB + intake + ports + valve timing/lift + headers. If you are running FI or NOS that will have a serious consequence in your exhaust/header design. For what I am planning I am going to need significantly different different port designs and camming than those typically seen. But when the time comes I will share what I find. :thumbs:

Mr. P. :)

Don't forget about the Tornado and the Throttle Body spacer! :D

All kidding aside, I think you will get the most satisifaction out of a CAI and a nice rumbly (is that a word?) exhaust. Bang for the buck would be the converter and a cam though however your budget seems a bit low for those.

Mr. P,

When you say heads are you refering to after market or a port and polish job?  If after market who would you go through?  And for head work any recomended machine shops?

I've done *zero* shopping on LSx headwork; I've done quite a bit for my old Pontiac. From my experiences, I'll say this - no matter what road you go headwork will be costly, so buy the best (for your application) and buy it once. Think systemically, have a complete plan: TB + intake + ports + valve timing/lift + headers. If you are running FI or NOS that will have a serious consequence in your exhaust/header design. For what I am planning I am going to need significantly different different port designs and camming than those typically seen. But when the time comes I will share what I find. :thumbs:

Thanks Mr. P.

I know I'm not the only one who uses your advice. So keep 'em coming!

Thanks Mr. P.

I know I'm not the only one who uses your advice.  So keep 'em coming!

Be careful - it's more 'experience' than it is 'advice' :D I'll let you know what happens.

ive got around 400 to spend at this moment, but can save some more. if i find something real appealing i'll just wait and save. so for now 400-500

i think anything else you get will require a retune. If you put your own cam in or got a buddy to do it, id say get a cam next with 400 bucks. Otherwise your best bet is just waiting for a little bit.

Archived