VaraRam King Cobra?

Meegs

VaraRam King Cobra? Like the title says...that bad of reviews? I thought by reading the blurb on Tbyrne it sounded like a slam dunk for CAI and ram air setups. Does the Outlaw out perform that much better? I looked at the Volant but the down tube looks to want suck up road debris. I have a CAI on my mustang and the MAF and filter are in the fenderwall. That I can see as COLD AIR but the Outlaw looks like it will just suck up HOT AIR from the engine compartment. The road debris comment is from when I have tried to use those snorkles on my mustang. The down tube "snorkle" just sucked up dirt and buggs like a hoover! That is why I liked the VR King Cobra. It looked like it would suck in cold air from the front grill. I really want a CAI but there dosen't seem to be a clear winner!

~Any help would be great!

The outlaw sucks air from the passenger side fender well, just like the stock air box does, which pulls air through from the front of the truck. I believe it is only the Volant, Outlaw, and King Cobra that are "true" CAIs, since they all 3 pull air from outside the engine compartment. K&N may be another one, but not sure how well it seals to the hood to block off the hot air the engine compartment contains.

Archived