front end noise-----HOWL not growl or clunking

vtodd82

well after getting back from the zippy meet driving the GTO, i had to get behind the wheel of the SS.

after driving it for a short while i noticed a noise for the first time coming from the front.

it only occurs at 45-50 mph.

it is not the clunking, grring, growling noise that others have complained of when turning, etc.

it sounds more like a real deap whistle.....a howl i guess. its really not that loud, but you can definatly hear it.

any ideas on what this might be? i thought it was odd that i could only hear it at 45-50 mph.

thanks in advance for any help

todd

My front diff howls like a coyote from Tehachapi when it gets hot, and the noise happens between 50 and 75 mph.

Im positive I need a new differential, because I feel the vibration through the steering wheel and the brake pedal, but I havent had time to seek out a LA-area dealer who will fix this and not BS me about it...

Still seeking suggestions, SoCal guyz...

My front diff howls like a coyote from Tehachapi when it gets hot, and the noise happens between 50 and 75 mph.

Im positive I need a new differential, because I feel the vibration through the steering wheel and the brake pedal, but I havent had time to seek out a LA-area dealer who will fix this and not BS me about it...

I have had good luck with Clippinger Chevrolet in Covina doing everything in their power fixing my trans problems when I had my SS even with the shift kit.

sounds like a bad pinon bearing ?? mine did the same thing between 45-65 mph. gm just replaced the hole frount unit

good luck

:seeya:

Archived