Double Din DVD player

Does anyone know if a doulble din aftermarket (IE Pioneer AVIC 1) radio/cd/dvd player will replace the OEM radio?

Thanks for any help in advance.

I'm not familiar with the pioneer AVIC 1 but If I rememeber reading right I think dylan might have that. I do know that with some small modification you can install the kenwood dbl din. I've seen a few guys on here with it in the dash. Hope that helps! CHad

Theres a new version of the AVIC thats the AVIC-D1... its a double din unit, but I'm not sure if/how it'll fit in the GM stock location. I'm thinking about switching out for one of them... I'll let you know if it works out.

I also know eclipse makes a couple differnet double din DVD/Nav units that fit nicely in the dash w/o modification. :thumbs:

Heres a link to the D1: Pioneer AVIC-D1

218219118AVIC-D1.jpg

It does not play DVD's you will need an aux piece that plays DVDs to get video. that is the only bad thing about it

Any installer can install an over-ride that will allow you to play DVD's on it. Did it w/ my AVIC-N1 and with my new Alpine IVD-A310... all I have to do is press the brake, hit a hidden toggle switch 3 times, and then release the brake. This override will work untill I shut the truck off then I just have to do it again when I want to watch a DVD. :thumbs:

How cute ... its like a secret hand shake for you truck  :crackup:

actually I am just jealous because I can't have one  :cry:

For all you guys with alpine monitors... PAC and Peripheral make an alpine bypass that automatically bypasses the brakes. I got one from Fast4Popper for cheap!!! You don't have to mess with any toggles!

For all you guys with alpine monitors... PAC and Peripheral make an alpine bypass that automatically bypasses the brakes. I got one from Fast4Popper for cheap!!! You don't have to mess with any toggles!

I almost prefer the toggle b/c you can "prove" to the cops you weren't watching a movie. Once the truck is shut off and restarted the override is killed so even if they ask you to restart your truck the movie won't play :thumbs:

I almost prefer the toggle b/c you can "prove" to the cops you weren't watching a movie. Once the truck is shut off and restarted the override is killed so even if they ask you to restart your truck the movie won't play :thumbs:

Thats true... hooking a toggle up to the bypass is simple. Alpine monitors are the worst to trick though!!! PITA atleast with the bypass you don't have to splice into any of the other wires!

Archived