Need Info

An isolator allows your alternator to charge the auxiliary battery when the engine is running, but not allow the auxiliary battery to drain you regular battery when the engine is off.

Not that I recommend JC Whitney as the ideal place to get such things, but they have a handy catalog to show you what one looks like.

BATTERY ISOLATER - 90 AMP

Thanks for the info. I saw a 200 amp one. I was hoping someone could post a pic of their setup.

An Isolator will give you a .7 volt drop across the terminals, NOT good. I would recommend a relay set up, I carry a 200 amp relay that I use in my car that works great, they are about 40 bucks. they will handel 200 amps continuous and there is no voltage drop across the thing. just as easy to wire up too. I do have a question for you. why do you think that you need 2 batteries? just something I ask all people that want to run 2 or more. maybe I can shed some light on the subject once I get your answer.

:withstupid: i had a two battery set up on my old tahoe. (3000 + watts) I ran dual yellow top optima and they would always be at 12 volts which i could never understand. I finally wired the batterys in parrallel.Never had a problem again.

Im going to run 2 batteries because I am tired of all my power almost shutting off with bass. Even without it, if I roll my windows up there is a significant drop in power. :confused:

Therefore I want to run two batteries and a high output alternator.

Thanks for the relay idea too. And I will wire them in parallel.

talk to fast4poper.. Stinger makes a dual 200 amp kit for our trucks.. the thing is money.. one alt for the truck.. the other for the stereo.. completely separated!!!!

I was pissed i could not get it.. won't fit with radix!

talk to fast4poper.. Stinger makes a dual 200 amp kit for our trucks.. the thing is money.. one alt for the truck.. the other for the stereo.. completely separated!!!!

I was pissed i could not get it.. won't fit with radix!

I looked into that too, but I have a Radix :driving:

Archived