Custom Mud Flaps

I'v been looking for custom molded mud flaps for the SS. Havn't had any luck yet. Well just found a pair, they are made by Husky. Does anyone know if drilling is required? The only thing it says is that they are matted so painting them would be an option. Paint the mud flaps red on the back side? both sides? hmmmmmmmmmm..... :wtf:

I am kind of split on the idea of mud flaps. On the one hand, I am not so sure they would look good. On the other, they sure would help keep the tires from slinging so much dirty water and mud on the sides of the truck. I will be interested to see some pics of mud flap installs.

When I see "mud flaps", I get this visual of these big rubber things hanging down almost to the road with the chrome silohette of a girl on it. Some guy here at work has them on his '00 GMC Sierra - looks retarded. He still can't get why I laugh at it, and he's not pulling some high dollar fifth wheel trailer like you would think. It's for looks. Anyway, I could see someone in a SS with those :nonod: That would be up there with wire wheels. :jester:

I prefer the term, "splash guards." Makes me feel more comfortable. :D

Considering your fellow drivers on the road with you - the splash guards would be nice.  Especially for the Lightning driver as you blow past him in the rain.  Oops, did I say that out loud?  :D

:withstupid:

SinisterSS, where did you see the flaps for the escalade that come painted? Been looking online for them and not having any luck. I found a set but they didn't have the application for the SS. If you saw them online, send me a link please.

Thanks

dcairns, the SS wont look AS good with the flaps as you know, but here in PA with the rain and snow (salt etc...) the flaps are a MUST. :thumbs:

Saw someone mention the painted Escalade mud flaps on another forum somewhere, may have been gm-trucks.com or something. Tried to look but couldn't find it. But the jist of the thread was the painted Escalade mud flaps had a GM part number - may want to try a Caddy dealer???

Here are some mud/splash flaps/guards that you may be interested in… :thumbs:

Link

And here is the one for the escalade as well…but it looks like they only fit on trucks with fender flares...

Link

EDIT:

For some reason the first link does not work, just search for silverado mud flaps on the site with the second link. :cheers:

ordered the Huskey flaps today...painting them next week.  :thumbs:

Where did you order from, I'd like to check out?

I got them from a local auto shop here A & A Auto. I'm sure A & A is all over the country. I did see them online somewhere. If you search on Huskey Mud Flaps, I'm sure you'll find em.

• 4 weeks later...

what exact husky flaps did u order, for instance universal or a certain application, and how do they fit/look.??I haven't gotten my 04 yet but i wanna buy them and take them to the custom painter in town and have him do them up..thanks

I ordered mine from premier today, they are husky brand, the part number is #56371, they are specially made for the ss, is what the tech lady told me, hope this helps some of you guys out! Im gonna get mine painted to match! Later.

Archived