Thinking of selling

thrift23

I'm thinking of getting rid of my SS and maybe getting an Infiniti G35 coupe. I love my truck more that any vehicle I've had but I'm driving 70 miles a day to work. My dad says that I can drive his 95 Trans Am to keep the miles off my truck and get better gas mileage, but I think I have the same dilemma as some others have had on this site. I can't see continuing to pay for my truck and not hardly driving it. If I can get a good deal on a low mileage G35 and I like it when I test drive it then I might have to get rid of my dream truck. I should be getting a company car in less than a year with free gas and insurance and maybe then I'll just get a new Z06.

I have no problem paying for my truck and driving something better on gas if driving a lot of miles. I have a 3rd car though, so no big deal for me. I love driving my truck, although I haven't been able to very much. Even now that it's running I plan to use my car during the week and the truck on weekends. Where I'll be working is not the greatest place for nice vehicles.

Why not just keep the truck and get a good used car that is fairly dependable and good on gas?

I have no problem paying for my truck and driving something better on gas if driving a lot of miles.  I have a 3rd car though, so no big deal for me.  I love driving my truck, although I haven't been able to very much.  Even now that it's running I plan to use my car during the week and the truck on weekends.  Where I'll be working is not the greatest place for nice vehicles.

Why not just keep the truck and get a good used car that is fairly dependable and good on gas?

You can get a used civic hybrid for under 15k, and 50 mpg.

I'm thinking of getting rid of my SS and maybe getting an Infiniti G35 coupe.  I love my truck more that any vehicle I've had but I'm driving 70 miles a day to work.  My dad says that I can drive his 95 Trans Am to keep the miles off my truck and get better gas mileage, but I think I have the same dilemma as some others have had on this site.  I can't see continuing to pay for my truck and not hardly driving it.  If I can get a good deal on a low mileage G35 and I like it when I test drive it then I might have to get rid of my dream truck.  I should be getting a company car in less than a year with free gas and insurance and maybe then I'll just get a new Z06.

Pick up a used bike. You can get a great used bike for $2k, and easily get 40-50mpg, and if you get one under 1000CC, the insurance is cheap. Plus most bikes are very easy to work on.

I agree with Ben. Get a used car and drive it to work. That's what I do. I drive 110 miles per day to work and back, so the SS sits in my garage till I get home. I drive it during the weekend and Monday night to b-ball. The less you drive it the more you appreciate it IMO. I love my SS and will not give it up because I drive a long distance to work. Keep the SS :D

Archived