VR Velocity Stack???

Z06 DREAMING

?  how do you feel, or get throttle response from a dyno  ???

the answer lies in calculus.  Or the derivative of a line.  In laymans terms.  The area under the curve.  The more area under the dyno graph the more "throttle response" and the quicker you can bring up torque.

:nono: The answer does not lie within calculus, rather within fluid dynamics. The ability to increase the velocity of the fluid air from a standing or steady flow rate... then take into account that an engine is not a steady pump, so tha air moves in pulses that increasingly get closer together as RPM increases... Bore/stroke/distance/plenum volume all have something to do with it, but calculus does not, except in plotting the line you see on the dyno graph.

Sounds like calculus to me, if someone wanted to figure out what all the equations were, but who really cares enough?

Bottom line is, does it work? It won't be something that I waist my money on - that I know. For all the theory in the world don't mean jack if can't produce on the track. Or street.

I'm sure that someone will feel the need to theorize it to death. One thing is for sure - it's not an item typically mentioned when people list mods after they post dyno results - that is for certain. If it were such a great piece, then every T, D, and H, would have one just to make sure someone didn't beat them at the track or dyno, by that 1 or 2 hp, or .1 of a second - another certain.

Let's ask Parish if he uses it. I'm sure it helped him top 1000hp. :jester:

Sounds like calculus to me, if someone wanted to figure out what all the equations were, but who really cares enough?

Bottom line is, does it work?  It won't be something that I waist my money on - that I know.  For all the theory in the world don't mean jack if can't produce on the track.  Or street. 

I'm sure that someone will feel the need to theorize it to death.  One thing is for sure - it's not an item typically mentioned when people list mods after they post dyno results - that is for certain.  If it were such a great piece, then every T, D, and H, would have one just to make sure someone didn't beat them at the track or dyno, by that 1 or 2 hp, or .1 of a second - another certain.

Let's ask Parish if he uses it.  I'm sure it helped him top 1000hp. :jester:

Yeah, yeah, sure-sure mister Ben. You got one on that stroker and you know it. Just tryin to throw us off you trail so that you and Parish can be the only ones. I see through your smoke cloud... :wtf:

Well if it's even a concern anymore I have no interest in the POS. If by now there hasn't been positive feedback results enough for persuasion it's a no go. Thanks for the theories and what not but I'll just keep saving for a Radix.

Or maybe get a :puke: Tornado :jester:

• 1 month later...

I had a chance to try the velocity stack whithout buying it. I ran it in my truck for about 100 miles. The truck appeared to have better mpg's on the same route to work. Anyways I went to the track yesterday. With the stack in I ran a [email protected] and a [email protected] and 60' of 2.336 and 2.320. I wasn't too happy with these times so between the second and third runs I took out the stack. The third run i ran a [email protected] with a 2.188 60'.

Run 1 1:07 pm

temp 72

relative humidity 41

absolute barometer 28.10

Run 2 2:36 PM

temp 72

relative humidity 39

absolute barometer 27.99

Run 3 4:01 PM

temp 68

relative humidity 39

absolute barometer 27.99

Anyways I thought I would just tell about my experience with the vr velocity stack. I think I am going to keep it out.

Archived