The BEST MEXICAN restaraunt you know of?

misterp

OK, the major chains do not count, no On The Border, Taco Bell, etc here. My own recommendations -

* Albuquerque Tortilla Company (4th St north of Osuna, Albuquerque NM; lunch only)

* Garduno's (Louisiana and Indian School, Albuquerque NM) :thumbs::thumbs:

There is also a good place in Ahwatuke (Phoenix/Chandler) off either Elliot or Ray Road? but I cannot remember the name, maybe one of you guys there can remind me, it's been too long since I lived there...

Mr. P. :)

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
OK, the major chains do not count, no On The Border, Taco Bell, etc here.  My own recommendations -

* Albuquerque Tortilla Company (4th St north of Osuna, Albuquerque NM; lunch only)

* Garduno's (Louisiana and Indian School, Albuquerque NM)  :thumbs:  :thumbs:

There is also a good place in Ahwatuke (Phoenix/Chandler) off either Elliot or Ray Road?  but I cannot remember the name, maybe one of you guys there can remind me, it's been too long since I lived there...

Gualberto's in Kearny Mesa, Clairemont Mesa Blvd @ US 163, San Diego. Best carnitas on the planet. :smash:

I eat mostly at hole in the wall joints... because if all the Gardeners in the area eat there you know its good. A good indicator of the food is how many trucks with lawnmowers in the back you spot out front... who knows mexican food bettern than mexicans?

Juanitas (4th and Grove in the worst possible area of Ontario)

-Tacos to die for. Family run for as long as I can remember, nice people. "Mama" still makes the food for the lunch rush crowd... mmmmm...home cookin!

Taco King (Euclid between Campus and Euclid)

- home of "The Bean Special" Bean & Chees burrito, tortilla chips, soda for $3.00... taco bell ain't got shit on that!! Also used to do the double or nothing lunch: you could bet double or nothing for your food in a quick dice or card game with the owner... usually odds/evens or high/low... great gimmic... but the city made him stop b/c it constituted gambling :banghead:

Rosa Marias (San Bernardino)

-possibly the best carnitas burrito EVER!!

Socorros (WAS located on Foothill, west of Haven in Rancho Cucamonga)

-the family that owned this place sold it off to someone and it hasn't been the same since, but they used to have the best "Special Burrito" smothered in a home made Jabenareo salsa (VERY SPICEY!) and stuffed w/ rice, beans, carnitas, cheese, and pico de gallo. RIP Socorros :cry:

Out of respect for my gastrointestinal tract and unpleasant aftermath... I no longer eat Mexican food.  :uhoh:

:lol: Sorry to hear that, had the same happen to my PFY this last week at Garduno's, tore the poor kid up!

Out of respect for my gastrointestinal tract and unpleasant aftermath... I no longer eat Mexican food.  :uhoh:

Thats unfortunate... years of consuming a diet mostly of spicey mexican food I have reached a point where I think I could probably drink gasoline and not get heartburn :jester:

I'm partial to two restraunts in phoenix, los dos molinos at 8646 South Central Avenue phoenix,az 85040..... and Tia Rosa's at 3129 E Mckellips Rd mesa,az ... I think the restaraunt your talking about in Awhatuke is the Macayo's on warner and 48th st behind the gas station up against the golf course. It's a little small but the food is outstanding there too.

I'm partial to two restraunts in phoenix, los dos molinos at 8646 South Central Avenue phoenix,az 85040..... and Tia Rosa's at 3129 E Mckellips Rd mesa,az ... I think the restaraunt your talking about in Awhatuke is the Macayo's on warner and 48th st behind the gas station up against the golf course. It's a little small but the food is outstanding there too.

Yup that's it, I was thinking of Macayo's; and I agree with you Tia Rosa's is really good, been there several times.

Yup that's it, I was thinking of Macayo's; and I agree with you Tia Rosa's is really good, been there several times.

:withstupid: Tia Rosas is great... eatn' there a couple of times. :thumbs:

El Chaparell in Helotes which is right outside of San Antonio is one of the best. And, of course, MY KITCHEN where the best Tamales come from!

You really can't compare what comes from Texas to New Mexico, the difference in spices, beans and GREASE (we like alot of it!) makes it two totally different tastes.

Archived