Best Pizza

zippy

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well in the Summer of 2000 my buddy and I went on a trip to Europe....we were on the Eurorail going down the West Coast of Italy after leaving Milan, headed for a beach where they said all the babes were. Long story short, we missed our stop, but got off at the next town, La Spezia. We were hungry and decided to try the pizza....no small decision in a country where many times the pizza is stored under the counter at room temperature, and it resembles corrugated cardboard with some dried up sauce on in. :shakehead:

Anyway...so we wander into this bar/restaurant and order a pizza. It's taking f***ing forever, and I'm starting to get upset, so's my buddy, since we're both hungry. Well I think we figured out what took so long. We took one bite and then got all wide-eyed...it tasted like they had just milked the goat to make the goat cheese, just killed the pig and made the sausage, it was "OH MY GOD THIS IS SO DAMN GOOD !!!" :eek:

We immediately ordered another one because we knew it took forever (heh heh) and tried to eay slowly, but couldn't. Those were the best two pizzas I could have ever dreamed of, much less eaten. Reason I didn't think of it the first time I responded to this post is because it seems like a dream now, not even reality.

I bet they did just milk the goat and kill the pig, it was that kind of town, with a butcher, a baker, a candlestick maker... :crackup:

Archived