Selling or trading questions

lordkevork

I'm in the process of trying to figure out what we are going to do with our 04 SSS. Wife and kids love the truck as i do but it may be time to move on with gas prices going up. Nothing is certain yet but the wife wats either a GTO or a 300c. I wanted a H2 but the gas argument has me beat. What do you think i can get for a trade in on this truck? It has Radix, gauges, gaylords lid, dvd system, bed rug and a few other small items. 28k miles. I was hoping to trade or sell in the 28 - 32k range. Is this out of the question? Any input is helpful in this difficult time. My 5 year old son is actually crying over parting with the truck :D

Selling outright to another enthusiast, you may get $28-29k...

A stock '04 with 28k miles would sell for mid-to-high 20s...then find someone who was going to buy and supercharge an SSS...you should get it.

Trade-in...NO way. Unless the dealership is desperate to sell you another car...but with the deals running right now, that's unlikely.

- Brian

Selling outright to another enthusiast, you may get $28-29k...

A stock '04 with 28k miles would sell for mid-to-high 20s...then find someone who was going to buy and supercharge an SSS...you should get it.

Trade-in...NO way.  Unless the dealership is desperate to sell you another car...but with the deals running right now, that's unlikely.

- Brian

:withstupid:

You're best bet is to sell it yourself or sell off all the aftermarket stuff and trade it in. You might want to wait till the GM employee discount ends September 6. Prices will go back up with the 2006 models rolling out. I say keep the truck. Gas prices will never get better. Don't let that limit you to what you own. If you have a long drive like me, just buy a beater to drive to work. It works for me :thumbs:

I'd keep it and get a beater except NJ insurance blows :puke: i'm paying over 2k a year right now for 2 people in their 30's. I got ticketed 3 or 4 years ago going 127mph on my way to mexico in my wifes GTP. i know gas prices arent going to go back down. i commute 2 hrs rnd trip to work each day. I may very well keep it since I just got back from road testing a GTO and it is too small for my tastes specially with kids. It is a hard vehicle to replace. thx

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to thank everyone again for helping out with selling price. I was able to sell my SS for 30k with out having to take the supercharger off and all the other add on / mods. I ended up buying a 2006 Dodge Charger R/T with Optional Road and track package. Having always owned GM products this was very hard to do at first but after checking the car out It was the right move. DaimlerChrysler actually has the right idea with the LX platform. If GM had offered something like this it would be great but there a few years behind right now. 4 doors, 350HP hemi, 5sp auto getting 17 - 25MPG loaded with navigation and all the goodies I couldn't go wrong. Of course I'll Supercharge it in a few months and make a SRT8 killer but it is great the way it is right now. I don't feel guilty not buying another GM like I thought i would. I hope they get their stuff together and build a better RWD car. I will miss the truck though as does the kids. Thanks to all the members here. It has been fun!

LK

That is sharp. :thumbs:

I was just thinking of taking a look at these myself, I like the way thay look. It's fun driving something different when all the other cars on the road all look the same. This is one reason I like my SS so much.

Archived