Radix for sale

j4nash

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dude you change superchargers like some people change their underwear.

:crackup:

well i want to get a 408.

as for the first try as boost, it just did not work out that well with the procharger.

now as for the radix, i havent even put it on my truck to give it a try, because zippy has me talked into a 408 :driving:

Personally, for you, I think the Radix would have been a better bet.

In retrospect, I would still have mine, if the casualty suffered would have not required me to pull the motor anyway. Pulling it and not putting it back with forged internals is insane, and since a stock forged crank is only about $100 difference from a stroker crank, I end up with a 408, now 410.

The reliability of the stock motor with a Radix is pretty high up there. Dealing with a new motor and all that comes with it, a little less. IMHO.

Saying that, I am very happy with what I have.

If you have the ability to work on it yourself, install it, pull it yourself, then I would say a 408 would be okay. Otherwise, I would say forget all the cost of having it done and go with the Radix.

i have a guy that said he would help me put a 408 in for $500. as for the radix i could do it my self with no problem. but for the 408 swap i don't have all the tools. I am still not sure what i should do. if the price is right i would sell my radix and get the 408 but untill then i will still have the radix sitting in a box. i wold really like to get my truck to the track as it sits now with the new stuff i put on this past summer, before i put anything else on, being a 408 or radix.

I think they both have merit. I was going to do the 408 but can,t have my truck down for any length of time to do it and get it right. I came across a good deal on the Radix, Installed it myself and was driving the same day. I put a 2.9 pully on and ran a 13.305 last night with I think alot left over. Which ever way you go I think is great just take your time to think about what you want and do it. It may save you some bucks in the long run. :thumbs:

Well I thought I had a deal setup that I would get a 408 short block for $3600 and the guy was going to help me put it in for a small amount of cash, but now he says I can’t even help him put the motor in and he wants $800 to do the swap in a day. Either way I should be up and running in a day.

Well I thought I had a deal setup that I would get a 408 short block for $3600 and the guy was going to help me put it in for a small amount of cash, but now he says I can’t even help him put the motor in and he wants $800 to do the swap in a day. Either way I should be up and running in a day.

Thats what I mean. It's $800 to put it in. Maybe more for injectors, fuel pump, tuning, etc... I assume that you're keeping the stock heads? If so, how long before you wish you had kept that Radix because it's another $2k to get a set that you want. A stock motor with a Radix and a few other parts can be quicker than a choked down 408. Add the heads, bigger cam to the 408 and you're talking close. I guess it depends on what you're after. You may not get the same results as Zippy has - mpg wise especially.

You sound too undecided to do something like get a 408 built. I would put on the Radix, run it a while, then make a decision on it later - but that's just me. You ultimately have to deal with whatever decision you make.

I already have 42lb injectors in along with a walbro inline fuel pump installed. As for tuning I am running hp tuners. I was just thinking that I would see better MPG with a mild 408 and I could still get a low to high ¼ mile time. I know that the radix would require less work for me and I probably could get better ¼ mile times with everything I already have installed. But I just don’t know.

All Balls, or No Balls At All.

If you enjoy automotive as a long term hobby then build the 408 and accept that you will be continuing to mod it over the coming years. I believe that either you *do* enjoy working on your truck as a serious hobby, or you are a Type-A competitive personality that has to be in the top 5%, or both. I say that because you have continued to work through a lot with your SS and explored a few costly options - to your credit, not slamming you here, you're dedicated.

If you want to go fast, go with the Maggie. If you want to go real fast, build a stroker and add a more capable blower/turbo later. BenKey is right, a well-tuned 364 with Radix is a damn respectable solution, but the 408 has much more potential. And it will take more work to bring out that potential. So it's more about your performance goals and how much dedication you want to give them more than anything else.

I cannot imagine R&Ring an engine being much more effort than installing the Radix. If you were closer to DFW, I'd help you just for the hell of it - but 9hrs one way is too long a drive to leave enough of the weekend left for wrenching.

Mr. P.

Well first off I love to work on my truck and add new things to it but the only thing that holds me back is $$$$. Also I do have a little competitive sprit in me as well. But most of all I just love to be around my truck.

I am not afraid to go the 408 rout because I have spent a lot of time trying to fix that dang procharger.

I wish I was closer to DFW, but I am in Lincoln Nebraska right now.

$3k :seeya:

offer still stands... keep your injectors and MSD booster....

sell those separate, and get pretty damn close to the bottom line you told me...

:pop:

plus you'd get to see it in action...

come on, ya know you wanna!! :thumbs:

408....408....408..... :P

LOL.....

im pulling for you both here, id love to see brian get that thing and lose that mini blower. And of course I'd love to see justin run in a 408.....

I'm for doing the 408, blowing it, then you might as well do the juice too :lol:

Archived