Tree Sap

TMBRWLF1997

I own a camper that is in a seasonal campground called PINE Harbor.

I feel your pain.

What I use is a product called Prep-All. It's a chemical to take wax and grease off your truck. It works well, but when you are all done, you need to re-wax your finish. The idea behind this chemical is to strip the crap off, so you can get to the clear coat of your finish to buff or sand it and get it ready for paint.

There are several other wax and grease removers that I've used as well, but Prep-All works the best. I use it constantly, and it works.

Hey, and you know that product called Bug and Tar remover by Turtle Wax????? It doesn't work.

My local body shop said to use gas. I don't like that idea too much, but whatever blows 'yer skirt up.

Jason

Claybar for the outside.

WD40 for the leather, but be sure to clean it afterwards with a mixture of warms soapy water then treat it heavily with leather conditioner to keep the WD40 from messing up the leather.

Hand wash in shade with dawn dishwashing liquid. Clay bar with a gallon of water mixed with 5 drops of Zainos car wash concentrate, then wash the whole truck again with Zainos then wax with Z2 Zainos to protect. Lot of work, but you are the one that parked under the tree so you kinda asked for it!

:devil::jester:

ive used that bug and tar remover several times and it has worked fine for me, just dont rub to hard.

Unfortunately Bug & Tar Remover didn't even phase my tree sap. :(

I tried:

Bug & Tar Remover - tried it first

Mineral Spirits

Clay Bar

WD-40

EVEN Gasoline!

The only thing that worked for me was RAIN X.

Archived