STUPID CHIME!

Just wondering if there is a possible way to get rid of the annoying chime. I know about the volume of it and low is not enough. I know on my 02 silverado i just followed back to the sound and found it on this chip under the dash and just ripped the black chime box right off the chip. It was simple and everything still functioned.

So on the back side of the speaker that the chime works off of, is there a seperate wire then the wire for the stereo to play through? just a thought.

Just wondering if there is a possible way to get rid of the annoying chime.  I know about the volume of it and low is not enough.  I know on my 02 silverado i just followed back to the sound and found it on this chip under the dash and just ripped the black chime box right off the chip. It was simple and everything still functioned.

So on the back side of the speaker that the chime works off of, is there a seperate wire then the wire for the stereo to play through? just a thought.

There is a wire that goes to the body controll modual (BCM) that controlls the chime but I don't have the link for this it is here somewhere I have seen it posted before try a search you may find it!

turn radio to on position and press the number 1 preset and hold til it turns off may take a couple of tries but it will shut the chime off til you close the door on turn key off then you will have to repeat the process.

Here is the answer:

Annoying Chime

i thought by removing the chime pin out of the wiring harness could affect your air bag somehow according to one of the post i read on this subject a few months ago?

yea i probaly could, but i dont know how this chime works since the 03's and up work off the stereo and my 02 was somewhere else.

but all in all thanks guys im gonna give this prodedure a try

Archived