lowering mine

impalarasser

i dont know but i may be the first person on the site to use belltech. the only reason i chosen them because on past cars i have been happy with the way it turned out. and i would post but dont have the means of getting it (no digital camera). :D

Use a regular camera and ask them to put it on a CD when you get it developed! It is only like 5 bucks I think. :cheers:

i dont know but i may be the first person on the site to use belltech. the only reason i chosen them because on past cars i have been happy with the way it turned out. and i would post but dont have the means of getting it (no digital camera). :D

I have had belltech as well, I really like there product :thumbs:

I lowered my 2000 Silverado and used all Belltech parts and i was completly happy with the parts and instructions. I had a flip kit for it from DJM and will never bye from them again. The parts and lack of directions are the reasons.

I got mine done. It was really easy. Did anyone notice that the bumpstops on the front A arm is touching at factory height? I ended up cutting mine off a bit to make a little room.

I ended up lowering the front as much as possible and then going up about 1 1/2 turns on the bolt. In the rear used shackles. As Dave already found out, you have to take off the trailer hitch to do it.

It sits perfect now. As far as ride, it's softer now in front but the rear is still bouncy. I might try taking off a leaf to see what that does. I know it will reduce my capacity but for my truck, the only thing that gets hauled is my road bicycle and ass. Nothing more. If I have to haul something in the future I'll get helper bags. I'm also looking into getting some new shocks. Thinking of Bilsteins. Several of you said the Edelbrock were crap so I'm staying away from that. Total cost is $45 for shackles and $28 for alignment.

I sent an email to Hunter Lee to see if he can do some picture posts for me. Sorry to put you on the spot man.

Archived