PE Mode with FI, how is yours set up?

.justin.

I've recently swapped in a 2-bar map sensor, re-scaled my VE table and all relavent tables to take this into account, and just about have the fueling dialed in.

I'm thinking that since I can now set up the PCM to know when the truck is in boost, why not set up PE mode enable to be at 1psi when over a certain amount of throttle, say 50%. Does anyone see any drawback to doing this besides burning more fuel when this is occuring?

I'm running a radix with 6lbs of boost right now...

50% would actually be high for a radix setup. most often they are run around 40%. if you run a smaller pulley you can see 5psi at as low as 45-50% of throttle apply.

I read a post you made just after posting this about the 40% and have set mine up this way to see how it responds.

Strangely though, the stock 5.3L radix tune that I have downloaded for comparison shows PE not kicking on til 90% throttle...

I've had to basically build my radix tune from scratch from the stock SS bin, as I purchased a radix tune from a mail order tuner and it was not even close to what it was supposed to be...

50% would actually be high for a radix setup. most often they are run around 40%. if you run a smaller pulley you can see 5psi at as low as 45-50% of throttle apply.

I read a post you made just after posting this about the 40% and have set mine up this way to see how it responds.

Strangely though, the stock 5.3L radix tune that I have downloaded for comparison shows PE not kicking on til 90% throttle...

I've had to basically build my radix tune from scratch from the stock SS bin, as I purchased a radix tune from a mail order tuner and it was not even close to what it was supposed to be...

if you have a stock radix tune that brings in P.E. at 90%, it wasn't a real radix tune. i have one on file for a radix'd 5.3L and it's much lower than that.

Archived