Stock Exhaust?

blackhawk

I am going to replace the stock muffler and am wondering what others did to replace there’s. I found out that the stock muffler is 2 5/8’’ pipe 2 in and 2 out. I checked out flow master and they don not make a 2 5/8 muffler.

Those who have changed their muffler, did you put on a cat back exhaust? Or did you find a muffler that would match up with the stock exhaust piping? If so what brand and were did you find it?

:cheers:

Well if anyone is interested I contacted a local muffler shop here in town and they told me that the 50 series flowmaster muffler part # 530513…dual 3’’ in and single 3 ½’’ out will match right up to the stock exhaust pipe. :cheers:

Sorry I missed you post. I could have told you...I think I posted that on here a while back. I went with FM however I wanted the 40 series tone. No 40 series that will match up, and the 50 series is HUGE. As I stated before, you can pancake 2 40 series FM's together and install them vertically. You will need some filer pipe though due to the "shortness" of the 40 series. ...OR, just go nuts and do a total custom job :thumbs:

I also am doing the 50 series Flowmaster. Single muffler with two pipes in and two pipes out. I will have two tips come out the same side in the original location. It will be done on Wed with my street performace intake.

I am probably one of the few that actually likes the stock exhaust tip, so that’s why I am going with a signal out exhaust. I have to wait till Friday to have it welded on though… :sigh:

I am with blackhawk I like the look of the stock exhaust tip :D

I am probably one of the few that actually likes the stock exhaust tip, so that’s why I am going with a signal out exhaust.  I have to wait till Friday to have it welded on though… :sigh:

Me too. I have to admit that at first I thought it was somewhat garish, but I've grown to like it. All I want to do with mine is take another one out the other side. Does anyone have this available yet?

i put the 50 series flowmaster on mine and it sounds good. its a deep mellow sound. the part #389-530513 from jegs. the muffler its self has dual 2 1/2 inlets and single 3 1/2 outlet. it comes with a piece of pipe so that you can cut the stock pipe at the y before it goes to 3 1/2. i only needed two pieces of 2 1/2" pipe that was about 3" long to on the front of the muffler so that it would fit. its not stainless so i put several coats of high temp paint on it before i welded it up.

I am probably one of the few that actually likes the stock exhaust tip, so that’s why I am going with a signal out exhaust.  I have to wait till Friday to have it welded on though… :sigh:

I have to agree with you both it is a nice look :cheers::cheers:

Archived