stereo help

Evil SS

hey guys, i put a line coverter in with my stereo, i tapped into the rear speaker wires under the drivers side wireway. it sounds good with cd but when i have the radio on it turns to garbage on and off. i unhooked the rca's and tried to reground the amp and stuff but anytime the amp powers up it turns to crap, then i pull the remote wire and its fine again. I have put alot of stereos in but this one has me clueless, it almost like it has to be a grounding issue but i dont know how the radio is affected but with cd its great? please help

Sorry, I don't have the answer to your question but I couldn't help to notice that you are located in North Dakota. I thought I was the only one from ND on this site. I am pretty sure I saw you cruizin' around Bismarck everyonce and awhile, I recognized your screen name on your license plate. I have an 03 Black SS with 22's. Maybe I will see you around again.

Later..... :cheers:

• 1 month later...
Sorry, I don't have the answer to your question but I couldn't help to notice that you are located in North Dakota. I thought I was the only one from ND on this site. I am pretty sure I saw you cruizin' around Bismarck everyonce and awhile, I recognized your screen name on your license plate. I have an 03 Black SS with 22's. Maybe I will see you around again.

thats funny, doesnt everyone in ND live in the same city? lol sorry

On a helpful note, I was told but a very old wise GM guy that every new GM vehicle that he comes across he pulls the block ground strap and chases the threads with a tap and puts some dielectric grease on the bolt and reassembles. He says the factory did a real bad job with grounding our trucks in particular. I havent gotten around to doing it yet but I hope this helps.

thats funny, doesnt everyone in ND live in the same city? lol sorry

On a helpful note, I was told but a very old wise GM guy that every new GM vehicle that he comes across he pulls the block ground strap and chases the threads with a tap and puts some dielectric grease on the bolt and reassembles. He says the factory did a real bad job with grounding our trucks in particular. I havent gotten around to doing it yet but I hope this helps.

Hmmm.... :wtf: Yeah everyone lives in the same city :yellow_loser:

Archived