California dragway

SSilverado60

Im goin this saturday night and if anyone else is planning on going or wants to meet let me know, ill be there. I got a new Civic Si i need to beat the crap out of :jester:

Civic? Is that some new breed of dog? And, why do you need to beat the crap out of it? :D You running your truck?

Where is the California drag way? I had a 99 Civic SI, :thumbs: loved driving that little 4 banger handled great and was pretty quick when I got the rpm's up. I traded it in on my 00' Silverado because i needed a truck, still it's a pretty cool little car. The movie the fast and the furious 1 really made me miss the thing. :sigh:

Where is the California drag way?

It's in Fontana:

www.californiaspeedway.com

Scroll down the left side and look for the graphic that says "California Drag Way Summer Nights" (kinda poor web design)

They have a 1/4 mile track, usually over-run with ricers. I think the elevation is around 1400 feet. Being inland, it is a bit warm in the summer, that is one of the reasons they have the night races.

dcairns:

Thanks for the link, :thumbs: are you planning on going as well?

If there is a group that is going I may make the drive and check it out. :cool: I won't enter with my truck I can always do that at firebird raceway, but it would be cool to watch and hangout...

My cousins friend has a 03 civic Si and its all rice rocketed out, he threw some NOS on it and is supposedly running 14.7. So it should be a pretty good race. Hes lucky i dont have my converter in yet because i know id kill him. If you guys go and see a SS out there with 16" wheels, thats me :jester:

Archived