Help With EFILive tranny Tuning

ocbc

I have efiLive. I will admit, I have virtually no clue how to tune. I have read through many turorials etc. I think I have a decent grasp on how the software works.

SO, I have an 04 GMC Sierra with the radix tune. I have a 4l60e with the alum. Pistons and the transgo boost valve only (dont ask, its a long story)

Anyways, the truck is shifting rather harsh at 1-2 and 2-3 under light throttle. Under WOT the 1-2 shift revs up, almost pauses, then bangs into gear. Down shifts from 3-2, 2-1 are rather bangy as well.

I need some help on where to start with adjusting tranny pressures and shift times. I dont want to **** anything up and would rather learn how to mess with it first.

Thanks for any advice/help!

Thanks for the screenshots.

Below are my settings for the 1-2 shift time, 1-2 pressure and 2-3 pressure. Try increasing the 1-2 shift time in the lower ranges, similar to my tune, to fix the harsh part-throttle shift. Shorter shift times at the higher torque range might help the pause/surge before the WOT shift.

Shift pressure changes need to be evaluated along with the force motor current (D3801) table. Some tunes use the force motor current to up the pressure. Increasing both tables can be bad. Check your D3801 against a stock tune - if its still stock, then adjust the D0701 pressure table until you like the shifts.

Also consider checking your torque reduction (D0801,2,3) tables. A little torque reduction is good to have in there.

Hope this helps. :cheers:

transtables01.gif

FYI, my tune has been setup for a mildly modded engine, trans with shift kit and servo, and occasional nitrous use. For blown or nitrous applications, I would keep some tq reduction unless you have a fully built transmission (like BenKey).

Torque reduction tables... :cheers:

tqred1.gif

Deezel. So are you saying that since I have the RADIX, I should have more torque reduction than yours? Or will yours suffice? About what percentage have you removed? I do not fully understand these tables yet, I need to understand them beofre messing with them.

You will probably need a built tranny before long, unless you're fairly easy on it.

If the tranny is not built and running a Radix, he's saying you may want to leave some in. The tq mgt pulls timing from the engine just before the shift to reduce the amount of tq put on the tranny during a shift.

Some people run a Radix with just a shift kit and pull it all out.

Plus, if you don't at least have a shift kit and larger cooler you're asking for trouble. But, that's another topic, I guess.

I understand all that. I just want to know what percentage of torque management the tables deezel posted had left in them.

Anothwards, how much TM did deezel remove in those tables?

Do you not have a copy of a stock SS tune? If so, all you have to do is firgure his percentage of reduction. I can send you a copy if you need one.

Archived