Natural gas going up

just another reason why the wife and I are moving to the country next year after my youngest graduates HS. I've already been looking in northern Collin and southern Grayson counties. 40 acres is my target with several acres of woods somewhere on the property I plan on eventually having my own water well and/or water shed, solar water heater and even possibly wind power, and several fireplaces in the house. Oh...and a pot bellied stove (or 2) in the shop. The more self sufficent I can be...the better. I'm tired of being raped by oil and gas companies and the politicians. It seems that turning on CNN or MSNBC only serves to irritate me these days!

Im in SW Pennsylvania. I have all electric, with heat in the ceiling. I was skeptical at first, but after 4 years here, i love it. My bills are never more than $200 a month in the winter for a 4 bedroom large house... Of course, i am sure that the amount we pay for electric will soon be going up....

I knew the price would go up. Everything does, and I'm not excited about paying $3,000 this year for propane. Wednesday, my new woodstove is going to be installed. The guy installing it said he took out a good smaller furnace that I can have for my garage.

I figure with what I'll save this year alone it will pay for the cost of the furnace ($2850). Now all I have to do is find the time to cut some wood. Tried to do it yesterday, but it was 83 degrees up here in WI. It was nuts! Hard to cut wood with all the friggin' bugs out.

well all i can say is i invested in 2 new chainsaws a stihl ms 660 and another ms660 modified ( basicaly a ms660 w/ out the emissions crapp ported head, ect.... rusn really good, Also if you are going to burn wood think about a work truck i had a 99 silverado step side z71 when i started and it is still a good work truck i love it. also with the trailer hitch it makes it nice for moving the log splitter

well all i can say is i invested in 2 new chainsaws a stihl ms 660 and another ms660 modified ( basicaly a ms660 w/ out the emissions crapp ported head, ect.... rusn really good, Also if you are going to burn wood think about a work truck i had a 99 silverado step side z71 when i started and it is still a good work truck i love it. also with the trailer hitch it makes it nice for moving the log splitter

I've got a work truck, but I'd rather use the 7 tractors, the 4-wheeler, and 80 acres of woods out my patio door.

I could always put a brush guard on the SS, maybe a snowplow.....

Nah.

Archived