Changing PCM's

Can anyone tell me if I can change out an extra PCM that is stock for the winter month's to replace a Bryan Herter PCM that I currently have installed? I want to go back to using regular gas. Are there any downfalls to letting them sit around not in a vehicle.

Can anyone tell me if I can change out an extra PCM that is stock for the winter month's to replace a Bryan Herter PCM that I currently have installed? I want to go back to using regular gas. Are there any downfalls to letting them sit around not in a vehicle.

You can swap in another PCM as long as it's the right one for your truck, theres no downfalls of having the PCM sleep for a while, just make sure it's in a dry place. You may need to get a crank relearn done on the spare PCM if it wasn't the original from the truck, and when you first swap PCM's it may take a few miles for the PCM to relearn. If you have to get a State Inspection, and your state does OBDII plug in testing, you'll want to make sure that the pcm that's in there has had a few days of use so that all of the readiness tests run before you go to inspection.

Archived